Sunday, August 24, 2008

Apple Tree

Out of the shadows and into the light. Still here on the same nature trail as the creepy Tree Of Woe, I came out of the darkened forest into the familiar meadow that I always enjoy. The flowers that were blooming so well last time I was here were now all gone.

One thing I noticed though was another tree that didn't seem to be there before. Wow, an apple tree full of small golden apples. It seemed to glow in the sunlight, making it feel like a nice presence here today, considering all the flowers in the meadow were gone.

I've never seen apples quite like these before. And while most wild apple trees are just ravaged by worms, this one seems virtually untouched. I felt drawn to it, so I took these pictures and a few more.

I know that we're not supposed to eat any wild plants or fruit. I said so myself. But these apples just looked so appetizing. Maybe just a little bite...

Uh, I think I have to go. Something urging me out of the nature park. Maybe this wasn't a good idea. Everybody knows you don't eat strange fruit! Don't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment