Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Mist

In this picture is something really different than I expected to see. I'm usually on the lookout for an animal or a cool looking plant in these nature areas, but as I always tell people, the fun part of an everyday adventure is that I never know what I'm going to see. I've been hoping for some time to get a picture of thick fog, but I never thought of this. Look at the road running along the top right. I took this picture specifically to capture the mist that is rising from it. As it's rising up, it's traveling up the road away from me. The mist was there because it was a particularly rainy day, and as the road was drying, up came this mist. It looked almost ghostly, and it was one of the coolest effects I've seen. This picture can't quite capture the true effect. This is why I keep saying to try going to places like this yourself. When you do, come back here and tell me about your adventure. Your adventure stories and comments about mine are always welcome here.

No comments:

Post a Comment