Friday, August 8, 2008

On My Way Home


On my way to work this morning, on Merrimen in Livonia, I remember seeing a railing on the side of the road. The railing is there because that part of the road is actually a bridge. The bridge is well disguised, and you can't even tell you're driving over one, unless you look off to the side at the railing.

Well, this morning I got a good look at what the bridge crosses over. It's a river that, I think, goes on for miles, because I've seen it in the same location at two other streets. I thought to myself when I saw it how much rivers are nice to look at, and I kept on my way to work. A nice mini adventure. I forgot about it for the rest of the day.

Then on my way home, I happened to look to the side of the road at the same place. There were two teenage boys standing there at the railing, staring down fascinated by the river. I can remember doing the same type of thing several times in my life.

Wouldn't it be something if someone who saw this site could show those boys one of the many places I've been pointing out. Then they could get an even better look at a river and maybe more things of nature. It would launch them on a fantastic journey, and one that would be a great everyday adventure for anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment