Saturday, January 17, 2009

Summer Quackers

Today I'm going to give everyone a little break from winter. I should have done this before, but I wanted to stay current. I have some new winter things to post. But like I said, it's break time.

Winter can get kind of gloomy after a while, even while we're only looking at winter photos. I wanted to bring back a little bit of summer life. I want this to inspire and energize me again. It's been a cold winter lately, and I'm ready for this break.

Even though the days are now getting longer here again, my daylight time seems to be dominated by trivial things lately. I see plenty of great things to stop and look at, but there aren't enough hours in the day right now. My answer to that is to look back, and find where I lost my extra time. I hope it's somewhere in these photos.

You may have noticed that all of these animals here today are ducks and geese. I like ducks, and I like geese. I can't remember if any of these pictures have appeared here before or not, but here they are now.

It's strange, but I remember taking every one of these photos. I don't remember my thoughts at the time, but I remember the birds.

When I took this one, there were dozens of geese and ducks swimming in the pond that day. It was an amazing sight. I hope to see more things like this when it gets warmer again.

This last one was taken in my backyard. Next spring I'm expecting dozens of geese to come back right here to my house. It seems to be a favorite stop of theirs. They like to fight and play, and cause a ruckus right outside my window. Up until now, I've been a little afraid to go out there. But I'll investigate them when they come back.

That's it for this short post. I needed a break from winter, and I think a few of you might have needed one too. Now I'm off to find a way to make my winter adventures a little more fun and exciting.


Related Posts

8 comments:

  1. These pictures are so lovely! I'm envious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are lively, after a series of "winter time".
    You know what I am feeling?
    Winter is over, spring is coming. I am going to celebrate Lunar New Year next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ducks, geese and birds in general so these photo have my attention and heart. Really cool. I also like the new look here. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the colors, and what very good break you have here in your blog. isn't it great we have tons of colorful photos from previous season to look forward to?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... what a great new skin! This is awesome. Nice to see something besides snow, too! Even I couldn't face another snow picture today. I didn't even take the camera outside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. FreeAllCards - Thank you very much.
    -

    Rainfield - After our cold weather, I'm beginning to look forward to spring too. I like the idea of Lunar New Year. I wish we celebrated it here too.
    -
    Poetic Shutterbug - I love 'em too. I'm glad to have so many around here. Thanks about the new look.
    -

    Betchai - Thanks. These old photos do give us a nice break and something to look forward to. I might do this from now on whenever I get too depressed about the gray winter.
    -

    Sharkbytes - Thanks, it took a little while to make it, and I'm still looking for glitches. I was going to put up more snowy scenes, but I decided I couldn't do it. I'm glad to have a short winter break.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great photos of ducks and geese. It is a good way to take a break from the winter.

    I love your layout. It looks very nice and you have done a great work on it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Rose. This break is going to last one more day, so I can make another special post.

    Thanks about the layout too. I worked hard on it, and I'm still not quite done yet.:)

    ReplyDelete