Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Duck, Duck, Goose!

Everywhere I looked today, I found life. An amazing day for an everyday adventurer. Here at the pond were ducks and geese, and more ducks and geese! I think I watched them swim around for over an hour! I never wanted to leave, but I did.

Then I came back! I wanted to see the ducks and geese again. I was on a bridge that had the pond on both sides. The smaller side was full of ducks. The bigger side had ducks and geese. They all seem to get along pretty well together. That's something I never really thought about before. I just thought these two types of birds looked similar. It's amazing to see them together up close in real life!

Coming out here always makes all my troubles go away. I don't have to think about anything, but what's right in front of me. Ducks and Geese!

2 comments:

  1. Someday I'll post my Duck story. Only wish I had photos to prove it.

    short version:

    Pair of ducks swimming

    Suddenly loud excited quacking and flapping of wings by one and the other flies off.

    disturbed bird vanishes underwater

    Duck pops back above the surface of the water even more distressed and agitated.

    Duck 'sinks' again

    Duck pops up a minute later flapping for all it's worth.

    Duck is again 'sucked' down and was never seen again

    Tells me never to make friends with a duck. They'll either make a fuss and vanish or leave you when you need help the most.

    I figured it was one big snapping turtle that got the duck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! That's kinda scary. Just hope it was just a snapping turtle. You never know what's lurking in the depths. :)

    That would have been something to see.

    ReplyDelete