Monday, September 18, 2017

The Last Sunflowers

Before I had lots of sunflowers. Now I have close-ups of sunflowers for you. After all, I did promise to bring you some close-ups. I must admit though, these pictures are a few days older than the other sunflower pictures. It's because the sunflowers are now gone. The season is over for them.

But it's not over for me. I'll be bringing you many many things new and old. I still have some older things I want to share, and I'm still going out there for more. I'd love to share it all, but I'm sure some good things will fall by the wayside. It's always a shame when that happens.

I recently saw some of those huge sunflowers that are the size of kitchen clocks, but I was too busy that day to stop and get pictures. Unfortunately, when I went back those big sunflowers were already wilting away. I guess there's just no way to get absolutely everything. Maybe they'll be back next year.

The temperature has cooled down a bit here after a hot spell. Maybe it won't get that warm again this year. I'm going to miss the warm weather. Let's see if I have a better feeling about fall this year than I have every other year. I'm going to try very hard, even though I always moan to myself how much I dread fall.

But I've been having so much fun up until this point. It just can't stop now! Can it? Not if I can help it. I'm going to continue my everyday adventures, and soon it will be a new spring and time to start all over again. I'm determined to make it all fun. I'll talk to you later.

7 comments:

  1. My human tried growing those huge sunflowers once. She figured she could harvest some sunflower seeds, since she likes them. The only problem was that worms got to them before she could!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sunflowers!

    Embrace the fall. ratty. It is here for three months and it will be a long three months if you dread it! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sunflowers. You are the second friend to post photos of sunflowers today.

    Don't let fall get you down. You have to look at the beauty that is all around you! Sometimes I think plants and flowers are much more interesting to look at and photograph as they are dying and drying up. Try to see that in the plants and get some good photos for us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your sunflowers. I saw some huge ones at the fair but they were wilted by the time I saw them so they didn't look so great

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is fun if you think it is.
    Then, everywhere is a rabbit hole.

    ReplyDelete