Friday, September 15, 2017

Rolling Around

Why is this horse lying down? The answer is that it's not. It's rolling around in the grass. Just having fun. They all do it from time to time. I guess that's what you do when you're a horse. I think I'd do it too if I was a horse. Looks like fun.

I should have taken a video of the horse rolling around, but in my excitement, it never occurred to me to do it. So what did I do? I just took as many pictures as I could as fast as I could. That's what I always did before.


The worst part about not getting the video was that I missed it all happen twice. After the horse was done rolling on the ground, it got up, shook itself off, and then did it again. It must have felt pretty good the first time.

I've had these pictures for a week and a half. They were ready to post almost right away. I didn't do it because I just can't find the right words to go along with the pictures. So this is what I have. I guess sometimes the pictures are mostly good by themselves. But I really do like saying at least something.

I'll have a little more to say in my next post. And of course, it will be something you'll love. I'll talk to you later.

7 comments:

  1. Like that paint on the right and always a palomino.I used to ride up by you in Niabrara State Park

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos are great, Ratty. I always wonder if the horse has an itchy back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so funny - he looks like he wants attention from the other horses, who are ignoring him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. of course it will be something we love! Whether words and/or pictures. I wonder if it feels like scratching an itch when the horse rolls around like that?

    I notice sometimes that horses stand around in sort of a circle looking like they're having a chat -- I see that a lot, but never have been able to get a picture of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoy seeing horses. That one rolling in the grass looks like it's really enjoying it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dogs do that too...and so does my cat. Oh wait...I saw bison doing that when we were in Custer, So. Dakota last year. I guess everyone enjoys a good back scratch, eh?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I shall do that too if I am a horse.

    I try to do that often when I am myself. This must be very fun.

    ReplyDelete