Friday, July 26, 2013

Little White Flowers

I took these pictures before I got my new camera, but I didn't want them to go forgotten. After taking a lot of pictures of flowers, I began liking that kind of subject. So that's why they're here today. I just wanted to share these before time ran out.

Most likely as you are reading this I'll be on my way to visit a big dam in South Dakota. I'll be sure to get plenty of pictures, with my new camera. I don't know how big exactly this dam is, but I've been told that it is huge. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

But I look at these flower pictures and wonder. They are slightly out of focus. I did my best. I really did. Will my new camera improve this situation for me? I'm not sure anymore if the problem is the camera or it's just me. It seems like I used to be able to get better pictures with it.

The thing is, I know the camera has become flawed, and so have my eyes. But now I have a new camera, that seems to be a better one than the old camera. And I also have a fresh new pair of eye glasses. Now I can actually see the view screen of the camera for both of those reasons.

I haven't had a chance to take any flower pictures with my new camera yet, but I sure will change that as soon as possible. I'm looking forward to getting great pictures now. The only thing I can do is assume that they will be better. I hope so.

That's the good thing that I finally have after almost a year of sitting mostly around at home. Hope. I'm now finally able to do the things that I always wanted to do. That's going out and exploring more than I ever have before. There are so many things for me to do now. Talk to you later.

10 comments:

  1. Still, these are nice photos Ratty. The camera you bought is like one of mine. It should auto focus wonderfully. Make sure you press the shutter button halfway, it'll focus and then emit a slight beeping noise, then you press the button the rest of the way in. There are various settings. Fool around with them and you'll see there are many different options. One of my favorites is the setting that allows you to take shots of moving objects. It shoots at a higher shutter speed allowing the object to not be blurred in the photo. Have fun in S.D.!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a few opportunities now to take flower pictures with my new camera and I can say I'm very happy with it. The focus on the flowers is much better than what I was getting with the old camera. The old camera used to do a decent job, but I think it just got old and worn out.

      Delete
  2. You have some flower-talks recently. It seems like you are going to be an expert by then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'll ever be an expert with flowers, but at least I'm slowly learning.

      Delete
  3. I believe I saw some ferny type leaves, in which case I believe the flower is Yarrow. Great shots, even if you think it is out of focus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take your word for it on the yarrow. I know so little about flowers, but I learn a little bit here and there.

      Delete
  4. Good luck at the dam with your new camera! I bet you will get all sorts of great pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did get some great pics from the dam. I can't wait to share them. I only wish I could show them all.

      Delete
  5. Hi Ratty, You're white flower photos look great to me. Glad you are on an adventure at the Dam.
    Wishing you well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that they're not bad, but I do think they're a little out of focus. I've been getting much better pictures with my new camera.

      Delete