Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Inside The Museum

I'm a little late with this post because my internet was so slow that it was unusable on the night I usually write my first post of the week. Now I'm finally back with the Sergeant Floyd Museum pictures I promised in my last post. Like I said last time, I was concentrating so much on taking my pictures that I forgot to actually read much information about what I was seeing.

I'll describe a little bit what you are seeing in each picture though, if I can. The top picture is of Sergeant Floyd, who was a member of the Lewis and Clark expedition. He's pretty famous around here because this is where he died during the expedition. There is a Floyd Monument at his final resting place.

The picture above shows a trapper. My lack of reading during this visit has limited my knowledge of this guy. I'll have to tell you more about him on another trip to the museum. I wonder if that guy can breath in that glass room. He must have been in there for quite some time.

The third picture is a scene of old Sioux City at the river. It obviously looks a lot different there now.

Here is an old riverboat. It looks quite a bit like a slightly older version of the boat that this museum is on.

And the last picture shows some of the controls of the boat. They're not used anymore because the boat isn't actually in the water anymore. It's still fun to see what the controls of an old boat like this look like.

Even though I couldn't share much information about the scenes in the museum, I was able to at least share more pictures than I usually give you. I have plenty more, but we'll see if I post them or if I have something from another outing next. I'm not used to doing anything other than nature, so we'll see.

I hope to be back a little sooner next time. Hopefully my internet service decides to cooperate this time. Talk to you later.

6 comments:

  1. I enjoyed that trip to the museum. Looking forward to a return visit at some future date.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to a return visit too. Hopefully a little slower next time.

      Delete
  2. at least, you have the memories from your museum visits, it happens to me a lot of the times too, too excited about taking pictures that i forgot to learn more about them, but i usually find more things about them later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to remember to slow myself down a bit because I'll be getting too excited about a lot of the places I'll be visiting. I have many places on my list right now.

      Delete
  3. This is the kind of place my human LOVES to go to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be visiting a few more places like this one. There are many historical places in this area.

      Delete