Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Two Awards

I received 2 awards recently. One of them from 2 different people. This will be the first of 2 posts today. 2 is the magic number 2day.

The Kreativ Blogger Award

I received this award twice! First I received this award from The Retired One at The Retirement Chronicles. You can find her post about it here.

I also received this award from Sharkbytes at Get Off The Couch News. She did something ver different with it. She has the award post on her sidebar. Great idea!

Look at both of their blogs. Some of you already know how good they are.

The rules from The Retirement Chronicles for the award are to name 7 other bloggers to bestow the award to. In addition, the award winner must list seven things they really like.

The Rules from Get Off The Couch News for the award are to name 6 things that make you happy and pass it along to 6 others.

I will combine the two by listing 7 things that I like and that make me happy in no particular order.
  1. Hiking & Nature (Both go hand in hand)
  2. Baseball (Watching and playing)
  3. Writing this blog (Why else would I create a fake war with squirrels?)
  4. Watching professional wrestling (It's goofy but it's great fun)
  5. Reading (Good long books are best, but even magazines are good)
  6. Computers (Using, fixing, and building them)
  7. Listening to Music (Specifically Queen and a few others)
There you go. That's my things that I like and make me happy. I'll talk about passing this award on at the end of the post.


The Uber Amazing Blog Award
I received this award from The Retired One at The Retirement Chronicles. You can find her post about it here.

Uber (synonym to Super) Amazing Blog Award is a blog award given to sites who:
~ inspire you
~ make you smile and laugh
~ or maybe give amazing information
~ a great read
~ have an amazing design
~ and any other reasons you can think of that makes them uber amazing!

The rules of this award are:
* Copy the badge and put the logo on your blog sidebar or post.
* Nominate at least 5 blogs (can be more) that for you are Uber Amazing!
* Let them know that they have received this Uber Amazing award by commenting on their blog.
* Share the love and link to this this post and to the person you received your award from.

As I usually do, I'm going to cheat a little bit again. There are simply too many people and blogs that I would send these too, so I won't list them here. If you want to see some well deserving blogs, just look at the links on my sidebar. That's why they are there. Also check my followers list. There are some excellent and very deserving blogs there too. That is my list of those who I choose to give these awards to. Any of you who want to collect them, they are definitely yours. Thanks for your great blogs!


Related Posts

7 comments:

  1. Thanks, Ratty- I had somehow missed seeing The Retired One's blog before. That was a nice visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ratty and thanks Sharkbytes for joining on to my blog as a follower!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharkbytes - Thank you for the award. She has a good blog.
    -

    The Retired One - Thanks to you for the award. I'm glad more of us from Michigan are getting to know each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Why else would I create a fake war with squirrels?"

    Wow, that's like communist Russian, win the war then deny there ever was a war. We don't believe you Ratty.

    But wait, are you Mr Nutz impersonation Ratty? My head hurts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandra - You shouldn't believe me! Just wait until Friday when it becomes all too clear. Oh, the shame, the shame.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations my friend! You deserve 2 thumbs up! (You did say 2 was the magic number today) Keep up the great adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scott - Thanks, Scott. I hope your vacation was good. It looked like you had fun. :)

    ReplyDelete