Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Great Squirrel Hunt

My squirrely quest has begun! I'm going on a Great Squirrel Hunt. I now officially declare war on these crazy little squirrels! They are driving me insane, so I'm going to make them pay! I am determined to take at least a few good pictures of a squirrel.

When I started this blog I thought I would get a few photos of squirrels right away. I assumed it would be an easy thing to do. There were squirrels everywhere I looked. They used to even come up and beg for food at times.

Now, when I want a few little pictures from them, all they do is run and hide! I took this picture at the top yesterday. I stalked that squirrel deep into the forest. It ran up a tree to get away from me. It thought I couldn't see it, but I was able to get this shot of him.

There is a squirrel in this picture. It is doing a very good job of hiding. Can you see it? If you are having trouble, click on the picture to make it bigger. When you find it, tell me where you think it is. Even though this rotten little squirrel thought it was hidden, I was able to find it.

These black squirrels seem to be the hardest to get on camera. I never even knew that black squirrels existed until a few years ago. There weren't any of these in my old neighborhood. When I came to where I live now, all I saw was these little black squirrels.

There were so many of them that I thought it would be a simple thing to take a picture of one of them. They obviously hate cameras very much. I have seen other kinds of squirrels here, but not as many as this kind.

I have a few pictures of the others, but even they wanted to hide. In the two good pictures I did get, the squirrels seemed angry because I was there. A few days ago, one squirrel even waited for me to leave the park, then stood there and watched me drive away.

I saw all of the squirrels in these photos recently. Two of them are from the last two days, but at different places. Their reactions are always the same. They see me from far away, then they show themselves, and then they run and hide. They seem to be teasing me.

I think I'm going to have to start thinking as squirrely as a squirrel. Maybe I'll be able to get close to one of them then. Or maybe some idiot will decide to chase me through the forest. It doesn't matter. I'm going on a Great Squirrel Hunt.

I don't understand why these squirrels insist on driving me crraaaazzzeeeeeee! All I ever did to them was stalk them through the forest. They should know that I am friendly! I would never dream of stealing their tales or anything like that.

Come on little squirrel. Come closer and be my friend! I only want to take your picture. I won't hurt you at all. I will even be nice and pet you. I will hug you, and squeeze you, and name you George.

Okay then. If this post didn't frighten you away permanently, come back tomorrow for something a little more sane... Maybe!


Related Posts

7 comments:

  1. The landscape here is again intriguing and artistic. I like how your images always manage to strike a balance of colour and contrast

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say: trick them back.
    Bring some squirrel food an put it in a pile (in the same place every day).
    Then eventually make a trail out a little more in the open with the food...their stomachs will want the food and soon realize that they must "earn" it by getting their photos taken. It won't harm them because spring is coming and they will find food in the wild soon on their own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can imagine how crazy and desperate you are. Your size is a problem for you to carmourflage as a squirrel.
    Anyway they are just too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just don't let there be a movie title 'SQUIRRELS' like they did with 'BIRDS' and in the opening credit 'Based on a true events' ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, no, it's the obvious manifestation of Black Squirrel Spring Fever! (Retired One- it's nice to see your face)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roentarre - It's all the fault of the camera. I'm still only a little better than point and click. :)
    -

    The Retired One - That's a good idea. I think I'll try it. I really just want them to let me in on their joke. I'm just upset that they won't let me help them cause trouble.
    -

    Rainfield - I think I'm going to have to make them think I'm their friend. Giving them free food might help. It always works on me.
    -

    [S]itie [B]Um [B]Um - It doesn't want you to see it. Make a good guess and I'll reveal where it is.
    -

    Kruel - It would be kind of funny to see me running around covered in angry squirrels. :D
    -

    Sharkbytes - This Great Squirrel War has just begun!

    ReplyDelete