Wednesday, August 30, 2017

More Turtles, More Logs

I got a little distracted there in my last post, but now I'm back to my normal sane self. Sane? Anyway, I told you a couple of weeks ago when I posted pictures of a turtle on a log that I might one day see more. Well, that day is here.

Not only did I find another turtle, but I found two turtles! You thought you were special getting to see one unique turtle, but now there are more. That pond must be full of them. And only we get to see them. It's in the middle of nowhere.

But wait, there's more!

I saw something shiny on a log not far from the other. It was a little obscured so I couldn't see it very well. So I decided to zoom in with the camera and take a closer look. It was indeed another turtle!

So it's not just two turtles this time, but three of them. I did see another shiny spot, but I didn't have the forethought to get any pictures. Maybe there were even more turtles there that I ignored. I'll never know.

And I'm left with one thought. What will I see next in this pond? The turtles made an excellent everyday adventure. I've now gotten more pictures of animals here in this pond than anywhere else around here. I'll keep going back to this new favorite place. I'll talk to you later.

9 comments:

  1. These shots are great....I never expected to here of turtles in a pond...Do you know what turtles they were??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turtles are common in ponds here. I'm not sure what kind these are. There are so many different kinds and my pictures aren't the best to see them well. I'll have to see if I can get a closer look.

      Delete
  2. They see you before you see them.they have very good eyesight

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you look around, you may find many hares around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't be too normal ... anyone can do that. In Florida the turtles often have moss growing on their backs -- it is interesting, but kind of yukky in a picture... I look for ones with pretty clean shells like yours have.

    ReplyDelete