Monday, December 22, 2008

C-C-C-Cold

Today was a day that I've been dreading. Everything came to a halt for one day for me. I've had to limit my adventures to indoor activities. The temperature outside is only two degrees Fahrenheit, or about minus sixteen degrees Celsius. So because of that, this will be a short post.

This is the main problem with winter. We get very cold days like these. There is nothing that we can do except wait. Maybe there are some brave souls out there, who want to venture out in this weather, but I'm not one of them.

Instead, I'm going to show you some of my photos from the big snowstorm the other day so that I have something recent on here today. I wanted to show these photos anyway, and now I have my excuse to do so. I think they give a good view of the snow we have gotten in the last two days.

When I say I have been limited to indoor activities, I don't exactly mean that I've been only inside my house. Of course, I've had to go outside to do ordinary things, like shovel snow off of my sidewalk, and scoop out a car. I don't think these things are a very fun adventure at all.

I do have to say that there are some beautiful scenes in these photographs. I would brag and take full credit for them, but it was actually nature that made these look good. It really is hard for me to give away the credit, but it's true. All I did was click the button on the camera.

This last picture shows the same picnic table that I've shown in a few other posts, like The Mist. There is a mound of dirt from a photo in that post, that I show here in the first photo. But now it's completely covered in snow. These two things look very different now, don't they?

The combination of the deep snow and this bitter cold is a frustrating thing for me. I had big plans to go hiking this weekend, but the weather didn't improve. It only got worse. The rest of the week isn't going to be much better, but I'll come up with something. I'll have all day today to think of something.

This was a disjointed post because of my frustration with this weather, but I'll be back tomorrow with hopefully something great. I'm getting ideas already! See you tomorrow, and in the meantime, I hope you enjoy these photos. This day gave me the opportunity to show them to you, which I guess is pretty good.


Related Posts

8 comments:

  1. Hey I would love to have that snow here, I would help mess that back yard up with ya. I got to experience a few inches in Tennessee about a week ago. No snow in Alabama though :( Looking on the brighter side though....I leave in 5 days heading to Vegas, I know its snowing there LOL. Hope you are enjoying the snow in ways I wish I could. Stay dry ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed seeing your beautiful photographs of snow everywhere. It's cold here too and it's not much fun going outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're too humble, but I agree, nature just makes really wonderful creations we are but spectators in their spectacular show and you are a very good scribe.

    great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roentarre - Thanks, the scenery made it pretty easy.
    -

    Cube - I'm trying, it's not easy right now.
    -

    Goliath - I like the snow, but someone else can have the cold. I lived in Tennessee when I was a kid. I think it was living there that made me like nature so much. Have fun in Vegas.:)
    -

    Mountain Woman - I'm hoping it will warm up a little bit here, so I can go out and get more photos.
    -

    Betchai - It's easy to get photos like these when all I have to do is look at anything and click. Thanks about my writing.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can we feel the coldness from pictures? minus 16 deg C. This is out of my mind.
    Besides this, the snow really makes your photo very beautiful. In fact, they are good!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rainfield61 - It's out of my mind too. The beautiful snow is the thing that makes winter good.

    ReplyDelete