Monday, November 17, 2008

First Snow

It's here already! The first big snow of the year in this area. I was planning on getting more pictures of the geese, but they were gone. So I got a few pictures of their replacement instead. I'll bet the geese don't like this too much!

Last night I was wondering where the geese go to sleep. It was raining yesterday, and I figured they must have to go someplace for shelter. But where does it go? Now it's snowing, and the geese around here don't migrate south as much as they used to. What exactly does a goose do in weather like this? I guess they'll figure it out.

Anyway, this snow is supposed to keep coming for the next few days. As I write this, we've had about an inch of snow so far, and more is coming tomorrow. Fall seems to have ended pretty quickly around here. Maybe this is only temporary. Maybe we're in for a long winter. I guess we'll find out.

Now the question for me is, what do I do now? This will be a big transition for me. I normally go out hiking, and take pictures of nature. Then I come home and write a little bit about it. Will I still be able to do it? I certainly hope so! It might be a little harder to find animals, and maybe a few other things to take pictures of. But just like the geese, I guess I'll figure it out.

I'll be back again tomorrow!


Related Posts

2 comments:

  1. Write about the snow and i will love to hear about your adventure during this winter season..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be writing plenty more about the snow, Rose. I already had some things happen today! It's going to be something completely new for me. I hope I can find more to write about, than just saying how very cold it is outside. I've had fun with it so far. :)

    ReplyDelete