Thursday, October 23, 2008

What's Growing On This Deer's Chest?

When I was taking more pictures of a herd of deer, I noticed something strange growing on one of them. There is a strange large growth on the front of the chest of one of these deer. I'll say right now that I don't know what it is. If anyone has a clue, leave a comment and tell me about it.

I don't know if it's some kind of injury, or a growth, or something else. The deer appears to be okay otherwise. It doesn't seem to be in any pain or discomfort, but who knows? How can you see subtle signs of anything like that? There was nothing outwardly wrong.

Honestly, it looked like a kind of fatty growth to me. I don't know if that's normal for a deer or not. Maybe it's a common thing that happens to deer. I searched everywhere I knew of on the internet, and came up with nothing. I asked a few people I know, who are hunters, and they had no clue.

If it was uncommon, I hope it's not a contagious thing. It didn't appear to be. None of the others had that problem. I just don't have much of a clue about this. I'm still looking for any answers I can find. Does anybody else know anything about this? Again, if you do, leave an explanation in the comments section. I'd appreciate any help you can give with this.


Related Posts

3 comments:

  1. It does look like a fatty tumor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Id say it looks like a tumor too. I'm not sure I'd want to eat the meat from that doe, but if she's not in any pain, it might be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I agree with you both. It's probably a tumor. She seemed to be doing fine otherwise though.

    She looked to be one of the leaders of the herd, by the way she was looking at me. A little bit of aggressive protection for the others.

    ReplyDelete