Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Cosmos Rocks

Queen + Paul Rodgers rocks the USA! Their new album "The Cosmos Rocks" is out today in the United States. I've been waiting for this for a long time. You can find samples from the album at the bottom of this post.

I said before that this wasn't my usual thing to write about, but I don't care. Queen is the perfect hiking music. When I go out anywhere, this is the music I take with me. Queen has always been my favorite, and they deserve some mention here. And Queen + Paul Rodgers is the newest extension of that. I love all kinds of music, but they're the best.

The first Queen album I ever heard was "News Of The World". My cousin played it for me, and after hearing "We Will Rock You" and "We Are The Champions", they were instantly and forever my favorite.

Later my parents got me "The Game" for Christmas, and I loved Queen even more, if that's possible. Unfortunately I was never old enough to get to see them in concert with Freddie Mercury. They stopped coming to this country when I could go. Any Queen fan can tell you why.

When I heard Brian May and Roger Taylor were forming a new extension of Queen with Paul Rodgers, I was ecstatic. They were back... Almost. No Freddie Mercury, but we all know that couldn't happen. That's all over now, but they're back!

I finally got to see them in concert, and it didn't hurt that Paul Rodgers was there. I always liked his music, and I had several of his albums. Free, Bad Company, The Firm, they were all good. I have to admit, it just wasn't the same without the greatest singer of all time, Freddie Mercury, but they were back! The concert was great, and I got to be right in the center with a great view. It was almost as if they were there just for me. I waited a lifetime for that!

Now today, their new album "The Cosmos Rocks" comes out here. I have to admit I already heard it, and it's great! I keep hearing people complain that it's not Queen without Freddie. They're right, it's not Queen. It's Queen + Paul Rodgers, a new extension of Queen. If they could make it Queen, they would. This is still a great combination! These are three of the most famous and greatest musicians in the world.

I've heard this music. I've heard every song. It's now one of my favorite albums. I know others that weren't even the biggest Queen fans, who've heard it and want it too. I'm going to buy this album as soon as it's available to me. You should too. I'm telling you all to go out and demand "The Cosmos Rocks".



Related Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment