Sunday, September 7, 2008

Totem Pole

Whew! Another busy weekend for The Everyday Adventurer. These pictures are of the totem pole outside the nature center at Heritage Park. I think it's the only one I've ever seen up close. That's weird. I like the way it shows the different animals climbing up the sides. I've been seeing the real versions of some of these animals lately. That's pretty cool!

This totem pole is another thing that I never noticed before, even though I've been here so many times now. Honestly, I don't know how I missed it. It's something that was just aching to have it's picture taken.

This is the kind of thing I find when I decide to explore a different path than usual. It's something I need to remember to do. Especially since that's what this site is all about; exploring where you wouldn't usually go. I'll have to remember to take a closer look at the things around me.

Keeping with that thought, I think I'll look at all the things around the totem pole. Hmm. Trees. Bench. Rock... Wait. What is that on the big rock behind the totem pole?

2 comments:

  1. That is a cool pole. I've asked a friend to carve me a Looney Tunes Totem Pole but he just looked at me funny.

    Looks like Chip or Dale - hard to tell the difference from a distance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you ever get a Loony Tunes totem pole, take a wallpaper size picture, and post it. I'd use it for a month.

    Perfect guess. I thought the exact same thing when I was there. The close up is coming next.

    ReplyDelete