Friday, September 19, 2008

Sumac Pointe Recreation Area

Sumac Pointe Recreation Area is a little smaller than the hiking trail parks I've previously talked about. It's main purpose is for viewing Newburgh Lake. There is also a play area for kids, a shelter, and you can fish here. I like to park here or look at the lake. It's a nice place to stop for a little while. Sumac Pointe is a small part of Hines Drive, which is a larger park area that stretches on for miles.

I never knew that the water there was a lake. I always thought it was just a section of the Rouge River. When I went there this last time, and had a good look, I thought it looked a little bigger than the river. I read that it was formed by a dam, which I am now looking forward to seeing.

Sumac Pointe Recreation Area is located in Livonia, Michigan on Hines Drive just west of Newburgh Rd Between Plymouth Rd and Ann Arbor Trail. I haven't found a website for this park yet; but when I do, I will update this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment