Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Kensington Metropark

I kept hearing about Kensington Metropark. Every time I would tell someone I went hiking, they would ask if I went to Kensington. Boy, I was getting sick of that! So I decided finally to go and see what they were talking about.

It's a little further from me than Heritage Park, but that's ok. Everyone told me it was bigger, and they were right. This place is huge. It's about 4,481 acres.

This park surrounds Kent Lake; a pretty good sized lake. There are beaches, boat rentals, golf courses, picnic areas, a nature center, a farm learning center, and bike and nature trails. I, of course, went for the nature trails, but had fun doing some of the other things.

The only drawback is the $4 that it costs for the day. Not too bad, but I'd prefer free. I do need to get a proper picture of an entrance sign or something though. As you can see, the picture above is nice, but it's not the usual sign of the park that I like to use.

All in all, it was a great experience, and a potential new source for everyday adventures to come.

Oh, I almost forgot the directions. Instead of telling you myself, here's a link to the website. You can get more information about the park, and better driving directions than I can give you.

Kensington Metropark

No comments:

Post a Comment