Monday, September 8, 2008

It's A Little Squirrel

As I was looking at the totem pole, and realizing how I needed to look a little closer at things, I spotted this little squirrel standing on this boulder. This is the only squirrel I've ever seen that has a white belly. Most squirrels around here are brown all over, but lately I've been seeing a lot of black squirrels.

I didn't think this was a squirrel at first. It was only about half the size of most squirrels. Maybe it was a baby. It was the size and the white belly that fooled me.

When I tried to move a little closer, it ran behind the tree. I couldn't see where it went, even though I was closer now, but then there it was.

It turns out it climbed on the tree, and now circled back around. There it was, close up, looking right at me. I got a few more pictures and then it ran off for good. A nice thing to add to my everyday adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment