Michigan Black Bear Management Plan
The plan will provide strategic guidance for the management of bears in Michigan. The plan will be developed to help:
- Maintain a viable bear population that is compatible with habitat, land use, recreational opportunities, and public acceptance;
- Conduct science-based bear management with socially acceptable methods;
- Provide additional recreation opportunities; and
- Educate public about black bear management.
The plan will:
- Address regional population management;
- Address social concerns; and
- Reduce conflict between user groups
Hey, Boo Boo! If you follow the link, make sure you hide your pic-a-nic baskets. Yogi might get 'em anyway, after all he is smarter than the average bear.