Thursday, November 2, 2023

A Squirrelly Surprise in the Heart of the Park

Well, folks, let me tell you about an unexpected encounter I had on one of my old morning strolls through my beloved local nature park. The kind of moment that leaves you scratching your head and thinking, "Did I really just see that?" And it involves one of my favorite subjects. Squirrels!

The morning was off to a great start. The air was crisp, the sunlight peeked through the trees in that magical way it does, and the world seemed to be humming along just right. I was lost in thought, admiring the beauty around me, when a sudden rustling caught my attention.


Right there in front of me stood a grand old tree, one that's probably seen more sunrises than any of us. And from this tree, would you believe it, hundreds of squirrels were making a dash for it! They scattered in every direction, their tails a flurry of motion, and the forest floor seemed alive with their energy. I was so taken aback by the sight, I just stood there staring, forgetting completely about my camera. The moment was so surreal, I forgot to even snap a picture.

As a side note, the picture below is the first view of what I look like without my fake rat suit on that I like to claim that I wear while hiking. Oh, that isn't really me, but it's remarkably close. I wore a brown jacket then, and mine had a hood.


This is also one of my old adventures that I've finally been able to bring to life in these new pictures. It really happened, but sadly I don't have the pictures to prove it this time. Even so, I'll remember it to the end of my days. How could I forget something like that?

So, if you're ever wandering through your local park and come across an old tree like that one, keep an eye out. Nature has a way of surprising us when we least expect it. And maybe, just maybe, you'll be luckier than me and capture your wild moment for posterity! 

Thank you to the few of you who remember me. I read all your comments. I'll talk to you later. 

 

2 comments:

  1. I’ve seen a number of squirrels in a tree, Ratty, but never that many! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rats colonising the tree is really a sight. You look like an adventurer there.

    ReplyDelete