Sunday, March 31, 2019

Spayed!

Delilah went back to the vet Tuesday to get spayed and get her adult shots. I had to take her in at about 7:30 in the morning and leave her there until 4:00. She didn't like it one bit, but it had to be done.

I spent the rest of the day worrying about my little puppy. I worried that she might think I had abandoned her. I worried that the vet might mess up the operation. And I worried that I would not have my dog anymore because of it.

But when I went back right at 4 o'clock to pick her up, Delilah was just fine. They told me everything was good, and she'd have to come back in two weeks to get her stitches removed.

I mentioned that I'd like to have her super sharp nails clipped, but I didn't want to do it yet because the bill for all this was huge. I needed a little money break. The woman told me that it would only be another $10 and they could do it right then, so I said sure.

So we took Delilah into the other room and got her nails clipped. This would be a huge relief to my arms, which Delilah had scratched bloody many many times. Like I said, super sharp. But not anymore!

The final bill came to about $250. Not too bad for what all was done, I guess. I also paid for some pain relief medication to take home. I was sure she needed it.

After I got her home, Delilah was out of it for several more hours. She was conscious but very tired. She also had a shaved belly and a row of white stitches there.

I want to keep this as only one little episode of the Delilah Chronicles so I'll wait till my next post to tell you what happened the next day when I gave her the pain pills. You'll appreciate that I separated these stories. I'll have this next episode of Days Of Delilah's Life up as soon as possible. I'll talk to you later.

6 comments:

  1. It is amazing how a dog can get into our hearts in a short time. Hope she recovers quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I know that worry! But, it will be better for her and you to have all of that behind you. I hope she takes her meds like a good girl...but I am guessing that isn't so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad everything went well for Delilah. Sounds like it may have been rougher on you than her :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad the spay operation is behind her. That's always a big one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope she heals well, maybe her behaviors will lessen with this

    ReplyDelete