Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Sioux Falls

I have finally seen my first ever waterfall! I visited Sioux Falls at Falls Park. I didn't expect the falls to be quite so big, so I was more than pleasantly surprised when I got there. I have plenty of pictures, and even a video, so I have some extra stuff for you today.

The whole park is in the middle of the city of Sioux Falls. You don't even know it's there until you get right up to it. I figured the falls would be inside a huge nature park or something, but it was right inside a sizable city park.

The video above is my newest episode of Rat TV. It's a short one, so you won't have to sit here forever watching it. I keep them short for just that reason. This one is of the falls in action. It's the next best thing to being there. The little bit of shaking you see at the end was Isabella yanking on her leash.

This one above is a side view of the main part of the falls. There is quite a bit more to the falls than just this part, but I'll save those pictures for another post. There are just too many pictures and too many views to show you in just one post.

I took this one from the viewing area you can see in the bottom left of the previous picture. The rocks all around here are very interesting. There are no smooth edges anywhere.

I got this one above after I walked out onto the rocks a ways. The part I was standing on has probably been underwater at times. It was really a great experience standing out here looking at these falls. I've never experienced anything like it before.

I'm going to leave this post at the top for an extra time to maker sure more people can get a look at the video if they want. So my next post will be on Monday. I still have so many pictures I don't know what to do with them, but I want as many people as possible to be able to keep up. So I'll talk to you later.

10 comments:

  1. Great post, Ratty! Waterfalls are so cool and relaxing to watch. I think my first one I ever saw was Niagara Falls but have enjoyed many since. Like you video--the shake at the end was funny. Glad you left it in and explained what happened--I can relate to that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeing Niagara Falls would be great. I almost can't even imagine what that would be like. Isabella usually stays pretty still when I'm taking pictures, but she was excited by these falls too.

      Delete
  2. Awesome video. Thank you for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to see my first ever "big" waterfall as what you have seen.

    Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never could see anything like this before, but now this is very close to me. One day you will see a big waterfall too.

      Delete
  4. What an awesome waterfall! And how cool it is in the middle of the city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That the waterfall is right in the middle of the city is the thing I had trouble believing until I saw it.

      Delete
  5. oh, i love your video, I love waterfalls, seeing and listening them is very very relaxing, thanks for the tour there, I love it through your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waterfalls have always been some of my favorite things. I'm glad I finally got to see one.

      Delete