Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Why Did The Geese Cross The Road?

You know the answer! To get to the other side. That's an old one, but it applies pretty well here. What? You thought it would be something different? I can't just change a joke around like that. Oh... Geese, chicken. Whatever!

Seriously, these geese were going across to join the larger section of the flock. I told you about this gigantic flock of geese yesterday. If you want to know more about it, take a look at "The Biggest Flock Of Geese I've Ever Seen." It's a really good story.

I like the way the geese started crossing the road and stopped traffic. I think most people around here would run over their own grandmothers, if they were in a hurry. But these birds had them waiting patiently. For one thing, it's against the law to hurt them. And for another, the geese are so cute. I guess grandmothers aren't as cute as geese.

Here's a picture of the last two stragglers. I wonder what they get for being last. You can see by their flapping wings that they're worried about it. Maybe they're just showing off for the people in that car. You know they won't get run over for it.

I like the way the geese formed a neat orderly line so they could cross. Humans always seem to have so much trouble doing that. Who's the smartest creature now? I know I'm no bird brain!

Do you think that car would've waited so patiently for me, if I had fallen in line behind those geese? Really. I mean it. Leave me an answer in the comments section.

2 comments:

  1. To hold up their pants!!!!! Heeheehee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you may be right, Anonymous. That last duck in the line, seems to be trying to do just that ;)

    ReplyDelete