Saturday, April 4, 2020

Delilah And Her New Clothes

It's pretty difficult to get anything new to post right now, but I have something for you anyway. This is Delilah in her Thundershirt. This thing is to calm a dog that has anxiety problems. It does it by squeezing them a little. Delilah is a pretty happy dog normally, but she still has a terrible time while riding in the truck. That's why I got this Thundershirt for her.

I wish I could say that it works great but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. She doesn't really like wearing it but she also doesn't mind it much. I think of she wore it enough she'd come to think of it like she does her collar. She gets very upset if I remove her collar. All of my dogs have been like that. I think the dogs think of their collar as part of them or that it is their clothes.

I would have gotten Delilah another color of this Thundershirt, probably blue, but I forgot to choose the color. I usually assign my dog a color when I first get them. Delilah has a blue collar. Isabella had black. And Tilly before them had pink.

Anyway, I live in the country, so I can still go out to places like a hiking park if I want to. So maybe I'll try to get some halfway decent pictures from a place like that soon if it doesn't flood too much here. I really need to post a little more often if I can. I'll talk to you later.

5 comments:

  1. I’ve never heard of such a shirt for a dog. I hope it gives her some comfort whilst she’s in the truck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of these. I hope it works well once you get a better chance to test it. I think the pink looks very nice on her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice seeing a post from you! I hope you are able to get out and get some photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the shirt works for her. I've heard good things from those who use them.

    Glad you are able to get outside a little bit. We are too..but as the weather warms, I am afraid that they will shut down the trail that we use. Too many people are getting out and crowding public spaces which leads to them shutting it all down. :(

    ReplyDelete