Saturday, September 15, 2018

I'm Back!

Are you still there? It's been a long time that I've been gone this time, but I'm back and I have some new stuff to share. I finally got my computer situation taken care of. It was really even worse than I have been describing. I keep two computers for personal use. Both of them went down around the same time.

My laptop just got old and too slow to be functional. It had become mostly unusable, but I didn't want to part with it so I kept trying. I finally replaced it with a brand new Dell laptop. The new one is a pleasure to use. I don't usually do my blogging with this one, but at least I can do it now if I want to.

I keep my main desktop computer in my bedroom. I built it myself and it's also getting old. The only original part is the case. I replace parts when needed. This time I waited too long and it caused most of my problems.

The last piece I had to replace this time was the main hard drive. I chose a solid state drive (SSD) this time. It makes a huge difference. The way the computer was limping along before, it took about 20 minutes to come back up when I restarted it. So I tried not to do that very often. Now with the new drive, a restart is almost instantaneous. I recommend SSDs to anyone who uses a computer.

I do almost all of my blogging on my bedroom computer. I'm only in that room at night, so I do other things during the day. I limit the things I do to certain times to keep my many individual activities from dominating my time. I need enough time for each thing. I mostly work all day for a long time, so I have to budget my time carefully when I'm done. I spend my days off trying to get more pictures.

I've been out getting a few pictures to share. Some are amazing and some are not so amazing. I only really judge how good they are by the experience and adventure I had while taking them. The pictures are just a record of the experience. A good nature adventure is what's really important.

The pictures today are some of the random scenes I've seen in the past several days. I have pictures from some really fun adventures coming up soon, as soon as I can get the time to write about them for you. I hope to have lots of stuff very soon. I'll talk to you later.

10 comments:

  1. I like your description of your pictures and the experience as well. A good nature walk is the most important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to the land of the connected and the home of the blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! Happy New Computers!! Glad you are back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great that you are back and have the computer ptoblem rectified.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you're back, and you have two working computers again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back. A fast running computer makes all the difference. I like the picture of the sunflowers. They're one of my favorites

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ratty, I am a newcomer here, and have also recently got myself a new computer. It feels good to be blogging again.
    I really liked what you said about organising your time: "I limit the things I do to certain times to keep my many individual activities from dominating my time. I need enough time for each thing." It's good advice for me too. I do very different things and I need to keep things physically apart, in order to keep them mentally apart. I am going to try to keep my Laptop and tablet in certain places only, to help with this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I shall be able to meet you at one time in a rabbit hole, when I go running.
    Life is full of choices. Alice will always remind me about all my friends, about fantasy, about wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too take pictures (and blog] to keep a record of the memories I’m making. And if I get a great picture it is a bonus ... and when I get comments on my blog post (and the opportunity to visit in return) it’s like an unexpected gift. So glad you got your computers fixed, so that you can share your adventures and great pictures (love the sunflowers). ....also, even tho I’ve been retired for years, I still limit my computer time. Otherwise it can take over your life!

    ReplyDelete