Friday, April 6, 2018

Did You Think It Was Over?

Did you think winter was over? Maybe it is over where you are, but winter doesn't seem to want to let go here. These scenes in my pictures are from two days ago right in the middle of another big snowstorm.

I was just getting ready to do a few things around here, but the snow stops me from executing my evil plans. "Evil," you ask? Well, if you call cutting down a bunch of trees evil, then my plans are as evil as can be.

I also came within a day of calling them out to bring me a truck full of gravel to spread around the front of my property. Now I think I'll wait until I'm sure winter is over as much as it can be.

But there's good news! I think we will see the end of winter here in less than a week. The temperatures are getting ready to shoot up about twenty or thirty degrees in a few days. I don't think it will be able to snow anymore after that happens. We'll see if I'm right.

So while I'm waiting, I'm not really doing much nature stuff. I'm a little distracted anyway because my new business that I've mentioned in the past is going full swing right now. After months of setting things up, I've finally begun operations. This is the fun part.

Even though the snow is kind of beautiful to look at, when you read this the snow should be mostly melted. It didn't last long. It's still pretty cold though. And I did at least get a few trees cut down before the snow started.

But I have even better news. As soon as it warms up the very nearby river should be just about ready to flood. It's almost over the banks now, but as soon as they release a bit of water from the dam up north several towns here will be flooded. Mine sits a little too high for water to get in here, but the roads will be blocked by water almost all around. The back way will be clear though.

I'll try to get some pictures of the high water as soon as I can. I have a few bad pictures ready, but I'll see if I can get some better ones. Then I'll get some even better ones if it does flood. Don't miss it. It should be interesting. I'll talk to you later.

5 comments:

  1. Be careful with cutting down those trees, Ratty. Don't push it! We don't want you hurt.

    While the snow is a set-back...at least we know it doesn't stay very long this time of year. all of this snow is my fault, I'm afraid. I pulled a patio chair out of the shed last weekend. Thought it would be nice to sit out if the weather was warm. Sorry. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting some today, staying near to you along the Big MO

    ReplyDelete
  3. It not over here, Ratty. Sunny and the equivalent of -17 here today. No flooding though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you have LOTS of plans! Can't wait to see what you're up to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Winter is still hanging on here. We got a little snow yesterday a and today it's just cold.

    ReplyDelete