Friday, March 2, 2018

A Snowy New Adventure

I finally have some new pictures from a brand new everyday adventure. It was only a little difficult walking through the deep snow, and only because I'm not used to doing it. But I had such a great time.

When I got out there I remembered how much I love going to the nature parks. Some of them are still closed around here until spring, but they'll be opening up very soon. It's warming up fast, and I think the snow will not last much longer.

I also have the interesting experiment in photo editing for you that I've been doing lately. I decided to take these snowy photos and put them through the editor and see if I can improve them a bit. Let's see how I did.

The top photo is the one I changed a little with some small edits. The second one above is the unedited photo. I brought out the detail in the whole picture, especially the snow. Now you can see all of the footprints and other details in the snow. And I also brought out a lot of detail and some color in the trees and other vegetation.

I think overall the newer edited picture is easier to look at. I saw the detail while I was out there. Now you can see it too.

So, what do you think? Do you like the first or second picture more, and why?

I did the same exact thing here with these next two pictures. I saved my exact editing process from the first photo and used it on this one as well. So you can see the results in the picture above. The last picture is the unedited version.

You might be able to appreciate these last ones more after clicking on them to see the larger versions. I like the detail I made with this one, but I'm not sure about the deeper shadows. Maybe I should have turned those shadows down a bit. They look nice on the original full-size unbloggerized photos that I can't share though.

I won't torture you with the details of my photo edits every time. I just thought it might be interesting this time to do this with some new pictures. So enjoy this type of post while it's here. I may do it again when it's appropriate, but I'll go back to regular stuff next.

And I'm not quite ready for my incredible stunt that I hinted at in my last post. I thought about doing it on this last outing, but in the end, I decided to wait until some of the snow melts. I think that won't be much longer. I hope you'll like this stunt as well as I think I will. Maybe some of you will try to duplicate it once I do it. I hope so. I wish I could tell you what it is! Soon...

 I'll talk to you later.



8 comments:

  1. I try to make the pictures look like what I saw. The camera doesn't always get it. I like the edited ones of yours better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new is fun, sometimes shades and colors change because our eye and camera don't see the same. Never tried edits, but it is mild enough it doesn't look unnatural.Get out there, I shot over 1600 photos this last month. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just saw a pic of a massive crowd(700,000 he said) of snow geese at Desota Wildlife area near you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the edited photos better, Ratty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The edited photos look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like both of the edited photos better. They are sharper and the colors are more vibrant

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have done well on editing.
    I am seeing what you have seen now.

    ReplyDelete