Monday, June 19, 2017

Roadside Wildflowers

I decided to take a drive around the countryside yesterday. The beauty of living around here is that you don't have to go to a nature park to find nature. Nature is all around me. So I decided to look around at some of that nature, and I found these wildflowers on the roadsides of the country.

You have to really explore sometimes to find flowers around here, and I got lucky to find all of these on just one trip. I'm not sure why wildflowers are so rare, but it's maybe only because I haven't searched enough until now. I'll have to keep looking to see if that's right.

The first thing I did this time was to find the dirtiest of dirt roads. Sure it's easy to just go up and down the main highways, but it's best to really get out into what some might call the middle of nowhere to find the best of nature.

I found this little bee walking around in this wild rose. It didn't seem to mind that I was there so I took a few pictures of it. Now the bee and the flower are both famous. They'll be seen by people from all over the world. And they thought they were just there for South Dakota people.

The leaves of this wildflower were interesting to me so I decided to show them to you too. The camera seemed to like them too because it focused on them instead of the flower.

If you'd like to find out what kind of flowers all of these are then here's a nice flower identification tool I found just for you: MyWildflowers.com

Here's one of these with all of the leaves showing too. Flowers are good, but the rest of the plant is good too.

These wildflowers are very small. I just zoomed in really close with my camera. I recently found out my phone camera has an 8X zoom on it. That's much better than I thought a phone could do. The camera also focuses on small stuff better than my big camera can.

As you can see, I have lots of pictures today. I didn't want to split these wildflowers up into several different posts. It would seem like the same post over and over with slightly different pictures. So I just decided to give you one big post. You probably like it better this way anyway because there are lots of flower pictures.

Right now I have so many pictures from my everyday adventures that I'm not sure I can keep up with them here. I'm posting as fast as I can, but I'll have to see if I can go even faster. I used to have a post every day, but I'm not sure I'm fast enough to do that anymore. I guess we'll see what happens. I'll talk to you later.

5 comments:

  1. The trick is not to stress about posting and just have experiences which you enjoy. That's how I am doing it these days, Ratty. Something new always presents itself with each repeated experience too.

    I find part of the fun is identifying the plants, birds etc that I encounter on our excursions. I have always been a science nerd however.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such pretty wildflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwwwwww...a weed is a flower of another name ;)

    ReplyDelete