Monday, November 10, 2014

Adams Homestead And Nature Preserve

I found a nature park that reminds me of my favorite little nature parks back in Michigan that I used to visit almost every day. I actually found it several months ago but I haven't really had time to explore it or post about it until now.

In this post I can only really give an introduction to the place because I like to limit each post to only a few pictures at a time. That way you don't have to spend too much time here in any one post. It's just the way I like doing things.

Because of this I'll probably be writing posts quite a bit more often, at least for a little while. I really want to be able to take you through this park all the way. There are quite a few things here to share, and I'm not quite sure where to begin yet.

One thing I like about this place is that it's flat. Most of the other parks around here are so full of hills. Walking up and down all of those hills just about kills me. I still like them, but it's really hard sometimes. This flat land is so much easier to hike through right now.

The thing I loved about my Michigan parks was all of the trees. Unfortunately there aren't as many here. That's just thew way things are around here, so I'll just have to live with that. But there are areas here that are just fime for tree lovers like me, so I like that just fine.

Let me give you at least an idea of what there is here. The first trail splits in two directions. If you go to the left you really get trees, but that's not all. Back within all of the trees is an old village. It's like being able to explore an outdoor museum.

If you go to the trail on the right then you go past a lake with special viewing areas where you can observe several different types of ducks and other similar birds. You'll have to see them to really understand what I'm talking about.

The trail goes on quite a bit farther but I had to turn around to give my dog a bit of a break. She has become incredibly out of shape because I don't walk the hills much. Now that I have some flatter land to hike I hope to fix her. You wouldn't believe how glad she was to see my truck when the hike was over.

Maybe now I can do some of my older style posts where I explore the trails instead of showing pictures I took from my truck. I'm always excited when I find a place like this. The good thing is that it's not the only one. I hope I get to see some of those ducks one of these next times I visit this place. I'll talk to you later.

12 comments:

  1. Looks like you have found a place to visit often and bring us pictures more like the old days. Seems to be a pretty place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how I miss those old days. I do hope some place like this brings back days like those. I miss walking the trails every single day.

      Delete
  2. This looks like a very pretty nature park!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really good one. I'll be sharing more of it soon.

      Delete
  3. Such a nice place to spend and afternoon. Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. I'm looking forward to new adventures there.

      Delete
  4. Glad you're enjoying getting out and about again Ratty and also that your dog is too!! Can't wait to hear more about this park...I'm especially interested in seeing the village!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely make sure I don't forget the little village then. I took the pictures of it last summer, but that's the best time with all the trees.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I love little parks like this. It's actually bigger than I keep saying, so thewre should be lots of new stuff.

      Delete
  6. I like how you wore out your dog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I wasn't able to wear out the dog so easily. She has gotten kind of fat too.

      Delete