Thursday, June 2, 2011

Random Fun

Today I've decided to do something I haven't really done before. I have some pictures from my last short hike that don't fit into my typical posts, so I decided to write a post about them.

This first one was a picture I attempted several times to get right. The only problem is that when I do something like this I'm never satisfied. How do you think it turned out?

I took this picture above of this old dead tree because it is full of woodpecker holes. I kept thinking that it looked like a woodpecker apartment building. I wonder how many of these birds lived here at one time. I've read that they are very territorial.

This one above is of the covered bridge I've shown to you before. I've already told you how much I love bridges. This one has become one of my favorites. I've taken pictures of this bridge from every possible angle.

I took this picture at the back end of the trail at Berry Lake park, the same place where I got the others. I liked the way the clouds looked. I've had the image of this one in my mind all day, but I couldn't remember where it came from. Then after looking through these I finally found out.

So how did you like this kind of post? I usually try to write about the story, with the pictures just being illustrations. This time its all a little random fun about the pictures.


Nature Center Magazine - Your starting place for nature! Copas has now explored all 50 of the United States. Even though his project is finished I'm hoping he'll stick around for awhile for some all new adventures. Please visit him today and offer him some encouragement.

16 comments:

  1. I like this just fine. Sometimes good things don't fit into another group, so they have to become their own group. The last one is practically in motion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometime I pass an area and remember the shots taken and angle used. Often when you see an image and take it, you can't come back to the same light, colors or even the idea.
    Steve,OOTP

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, i love your scenic pictures, the pond with reflection of clouds and surrounding is beautiful, and that woodpecker apartment is very well composed. you take very good wide angle and scenic shots, love that you explore that once a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures. I always like seeing landscapes. Love the blue sky in those.
    To answer your question from my blog, Duke doesn't love baths as much as he loves swimming but he doesn't seem to mind them too much. Just don't try and wash his face...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these photos. I can't believe how blue the sky is. Great perspective on the clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are great pictures! I love random beauty in bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photo turned out great! I also think the last one is just gorgeous! If you post good photos of scenes that you liked, surely others will enjoy seeing them too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These photos are amazing! I love your stories, but every so often, you do need to let your photography shine too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the blue sky in your photos! It's a very fun post indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved this post! The last photo is truly gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice ratty! I love the old tree with the woodpeckers holes. And the reflection one is so pretty. I like your little covered bridge. Nice to see it from a distance also.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it's just perfect, Ratty. I love seeing the pictures. They are too good to pass up. We don't always need to have a story to go with the photographs.

    So you don't think woodpeckers like sharing their living space? What if they are related to each other? That might make it even worse, though - some family members just don't do well living together.

    I loved bridges ( our Golden Gate Bridge, especially ) - all kinds, like the one in your picture to the old covered bridges like the ones in the "Bridges of Madison County" film to the incredible marvels of engineering.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Ratty...just been playing catch up again...this is one of my favourite posts...i love the way you have played around with the camera. My favourite shots is the last one...i love the reflection on the sky in the water....but I also love the first one too...these would make fantastic wallpapers....maybe you should take them over to NCM??

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Ratty, these are some of the best photos you've ever posted. Wonderful color, and interesting subjects.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ratty, I agree with everyone. This is a great way to share these photos. Thumps-up on the 1st shot. I also like the Woodpecker condo. That was a nice find.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like them Ratty, beautiful scenery is always fun to see. Sometimes the pictures themselves can tell a story.

    ReplyDelete