Friday, March 4, 2011

A Perfect Pose

I told you before that my next subject stood there posing patiently for me, and that's exactly what he did. The only thing you can depend upon to be that patient is a snowman. I usually ignore things like this but somebody did an exceptional job on this snowman.

Oh sure, some of you say that he doesn't look very human or anything like that. But he doesn't have to because he's a snowman. You can see his eyes, nose, and mouth very clearly. He even has hair on the top of his head. That's something that not even all humans can say they have. And even though they're not much to look at, he has arms of a sort. Can you see any more cool things about him?

The amazing thing about him is that you can still see all of his features clearly from the side view! I walked over here just to see if I would, and I was kind of surprised. Then I began to hallucinate that he might be alive, so I said hello to my new pal. But this cold hearted snowman just stood there ignoring me. That's when I stormed away in a huff.

That's all okay though because this guy will melt away soon enough, and then I'll have the last laugh... uh, and the first one too. Hey, so I'm a bit off. My head still hurts a bit, so I have a good excuse for being one card short of a full deck. But there's one thing I can absolutely guarantee. SPRING WILL BE HERE IN LESS THAN A MONTH. I have spoken!

Nature Center Magazine - Come over and see the new redesign of your starting place for nature!

15 comments:

  1. That certainly is an awesome snowman...someone was obviously very creative. I think it is nice that you have managed to capture him for prosperity on your blog so that as the warmer weather comes He will always remain somewhere.

    Do you know who the creators were?? Or was it secretly you Ratty??

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very handsome 3D creature.

    It may reflect how you look. I think so.

    Am I right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure hope you are right about the Spring thing, Ratty! We still have snowbanks and cold weather here. I am longing for Spring something awful this year.
    But I do love your snowman treasure and your positive attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 16 days officially for that seasonal change, but who's counting? I have had fun placing snowmen out where only a few may discover it.It brings the kid out in you doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, it's not every day that you meet someone that handsome in the woods, and I certainly did not guess what your encounter was going to be! He's charming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah, he gave me the cold shoulder. He can go melt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! That's quite the snowman for sure. Glad you got out again Ratty. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well if nothing else, that snowman does have a heart even if he isn't much of a talker. Very cute

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa! I have never seen such a...fine-looking snowman. He reminds me of an actor. Could he be Charlie Sheen dressed in white???

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd say that takes first place for a snowman this year! Someone did a really nice job there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish they had made a snowcat to go with the snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's amazing that someone put in so much effort to make such a detailed snowman. I guess they are able to make the mos of winter, even after such a long spell of cold and snow! But you are so right, Ratty. Those days of the white stuff are surely coming to an end and spring is just around the corner!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh oh, shouldn't have guaranteed spring would be back with a month!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't take it personally--those snowmen are always sort of quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, everyone, for your comments.

    ReplyDelete