Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Homeless Problem Around Detroit

The homeless problem around Detroit has gotten out of control. Here you can see a family of bums lounging around a park. What's more shocking is that this is a suburb of Detroit. It's gotten so bad that there is an overflow.

Let me tell you, when you go to a peaceful park to relax, and you see these bums sitting around, it makes you nervous. Most of them are this ugly. Just looking at them is a nuisance. Can't they figure out a place to put them? Look at little Billy Bum there. He's so ugly he doesn't even look quite human.

We tried everything to get them to move along. We even tried throwing things at them. But all they did was sit there. How repulsive. I just couldn't believe they just wanted to be left alone. Their hobo clothes just screamed, "Mess With Me!"

Looking at this next one, I soon realized the cruel error of my ways. Maybe they needed help, or something like that. Maybe they just needed some kindness. Who could do that for them? Not me! If you want to, go for it. I'm much too busy laughing at them. Don't you think it's funny? They forgot where their houses were. Ha ha ha!

This guy must have been sitting there on the curb for a very long time. I remember driving by a few weeks ago, and seeing him there in the same spot. He looks like he hasn't eaten for awhile. He's down to skin and bones! Well, maybe just bones.

If only he had gotten up and found something to eat. It doesn't seem so funny now. He must have been too lazy to move from that spot. I don't know why. That chair doesn't look particularly comfortable. At least go dumpster diving, or something! Wouldn't that be a sight when you go to throw out your trash?

Upon closer inspection of this last one, I saw that he had a few cameras with him. Maybe he's just a photographer with a lot of patience. He's still an ugly sight though. If he's not a hobo, I wonder if I am right about the others. Hmm.

After further inspection of all of them, I have to say that I must have been mistaken about the whole homeless thing. Anyone could have made the same mistake. I didn't know when I was throwing rocks at them, that they weren't bums. They should have said something. It's all their fault! I guess what I mean to say is, Oops!


Related Posts

4 comments:

  1. At least he looks happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's laughing on the outside, but crying on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me!!!Funny, and catchy title!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Icy BC - The story was a little joke at the expense of a few Detroit bashers I read about at the time.

    ReplyDelete