Saturday, April 4, 2015

The Juncos Finally Use The New Feeder

My posts are about a month behind the pictures I'm taking. I can't help it. I'm going as fast as I can now after my little time off, and there is more happening than I can post every couple of days. It's mostly this little stuff at my bird feeder, but that's much better than I would normally have after still recovering a little from being sick.

After several days of having the new feeder, the Juncos have finally decided to use it. The only problem is that they still don't really like it very much. It seems that only the Woodpecker likes the feeder, and she likes it a lot. I've seen the Cardinals a couple of times, but they're also avoiding this new feeder.

I'm trying to be patient, but I hope getting this new expensive feeder wasn't a mistake. The Woodpecker loves it, but these pictures of the Junco is all I have gotten of any other birds in quite some time. Remember I'm a month behind and the time difference between pictures and posts is much different.

I'm glad the Juncos have at least finally decided to try out the feeder. Maybe now other birds will come over and give it a try. I know there are some other birds that were too big for those bell feeders. Maybe some of them will come after awhile. I'll have to keep watching. I have lots of time for that until they finally get some of my truck problems fixed. I'll talk to you later.

6 comments:

  1. I think the new feeder looks quite posh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a very nice feeder. I'm sure they'll come around and start liking this one

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait till the woodpeckers and nuthatch hit that suet. It will be a good investment for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the juncos are typically ground feeders so that's why they don't like eating directly from the feeder. they'd love if you scattered seed on the ground. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always have the same problem with the birds when I get a new feeder Ratty. Don't worry they will come round to your way of thinking...especially as the weather warms up and they start rearing their young!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Juncos prefer to eat on the ground, so you are honored that they are using your feeder.

    ReplyDelete