Monday, September 2, 2013

Sunflowers

I was almost too late to get these pictures of these wild sunflowers. I've been seeing these plants on the sides of the roads that I've been traveling for the past couple of weeks. I kept telling myself that I was going to get my camera and stop to get some pictures. I kept saying it, but I wasn't doing it.

Well I finally did it! Some of the flowers have already lost their petals though. There was one huge field of them that I planned on showing, but many of the flowers were now bare. Luckily these flowers are growing everywhere around here.

The pictures I have today are from three different locations. I went all over to get these because I was determined to get lots of good pictures. I picked the three I like best, and here they are. I may bring out some of the others at some later time, but I like these right now.

One thing this little adventure reminded me was that I haven't been doing things like this enough. I've been concentrating so much on my bigger trips that I forgot to just drive around the countryside taking pictures. I also kept putting off visiting a few of the nature parks.

So now I plan on visiting the nearest nature park so I can get out and stretch my legs a bit on the trails. I sometimes forget that I always feel so much better after I've hiked a good long nature trail for a day. The anticipation of getting back to that right now is great.

I'm going to be seeing more flowers like these and even some other kinds. I hope to see some good wildlife along the way too. I'm not counting on too much wildlife though because there are more places for animals to hide here than in the city.

Just from my little adventure from these pictures and my new little plans, I am hoping that my writing gets a little better because I am more excited than I have been. I forget how much I enjoy nature when I am away from it. The big places are fun, but nature is what I really like.

Just looking at these pictures of sunflowers makes me excited for the future. I was out getting closeup pictures right there in the weeds. It can't get much better than that. I'm going to go to bed tonight with visions of these flowers floating around in my head. I'll talk to you later.

12 comments:

  1. What pretty sunflowers! They always make the day a little brighter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure have made the days brighter around here.

      Delete
  2. Real eye catchers, I love them when along the raod in mass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been seeing them along just about every road around here.

      Delete
  3. You have a good shallow depth of field in the first picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The camera did all the work. I shot the picture on auto.

      Delete
  4. ahhh, I so love your composition in each of the pictures, lovely!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's easy to get better pictures with this better camera.

      Delete
  5. really love this flowers, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, they are beautiful. These are actually the first sunflowers I've ever seen.

      Delete