Friday, September 27, 2013

Fake Buffaloes

I really thought I had them this time. I was at the place where the buffaloes(bison) live. You can see down into their huge home from a few places on the road and a nice viewing area inside the fence. I saw the large animals down there milling around. I thought I had them.

The only problem was that the supposed buffaloes were very far away. They almost looked like dots on the faraway grass. I couold just make out that they were big four-legged creatures. What else could they be?

I had to zoom all the way in with my camera to get these pictures. I couldn't see with my own eyes exactly what kind of creatures I was looking at. They were in the bison enclosure so they must be buffaloes, right?

Nope! They were plain old everyday cows. Moo! I wasn't able to find out until I got home and looked at the pictures on my computer. I have no idea why they were down there, but I feel as if I've been tricked. These evil cows pretended to be buffaloes, and I want answers! I'll probably never get them.

So my buffalo hunt continues. I'll still occasionally go back to this same place to look for them because I've been told they are there. So one of these days those cows will really be buffaloes. But this isn't the only place I'll be looking.

I have actually already found buffaloes at another place. I didn't get pictures because there was a big fence in the way. It was pointless to get pictures of the fence. But they don't always keep them behind that fence. I'll keep going back there until I can get some clear shots. So, good news! I'll talk to you later.

16 comments:

  1. That's pretty funny! We have a couple of buffalo farms "near" us, so it's no big deal. Loose on the prairie is something else again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a bison farm just a few miles from here. You can easily see them from the road.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will be a bison farm where I get my first pictures of them.

      Delete
  3. You were gypped! At least you do know where buffaloes are now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I have to do to see them now is go at the right time.

      Delete
  4. Why not we change their name into buffalo?

    Then they are buffaloes now.

    Haha....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the cows are buffaloes, then where are the cows? :)

      Delete
  5. Not sure where the herd is and why the bovine residents are grazing in this area.There is a office at the front to ask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I called the office once bgefore on an unrelated matter. Maybe I'll call again about this.

      Delete
  6. I wonder if there are really buffalo down there or if the sign is just to keep people out?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything I've read and heard say there are really buffalo there. They keep them there to protect them. I only wish I would finally see them.

      Delete
  7. the wonders of camera, i too sometimes get so excited when i take pictures thinking it is of something i had been looking, but when viewed in computer at closer inspection, i would get disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The anticipation of getting home and looking at the pictures on the computer is one of the best parts of it all.

      Delete
  8. Had me laughing here Ratty! You'll ramble into a bison sooner or later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to resort to seeing them on a farm before I do in this place. I hope to have pictures pretty soon.

      Delete