Monday, September 16, 2013

Black And White Birds

I tried and I tried, but I never could find out the identity of these birds. They're just simple little black and white birds, but I can't even find anything even similar. I feel like I should know what they are though. I could swear I've seen them before. But I still really have no clue.

I took these pictures at Five Ridge Prairie nature preserve, the subject of my last post. These birds were flying back and forth and perching on these bare branches, making it easy to get a few pictures. I actually got fifty five pictures of them all together. These are my favorites.

With the camera I have now I can get pictures like the one above, where I capture a bird landing on a branch. My last camera wasn't fast enough to do anything like that. I'd try to take a picture and the camera would hesitate until the moment was lost.

Now I can take multiple pictures with the blink of an eye. Birds like these don't stand a chance against me and my camera. I can get several pictures before they know I'm even there. Sure I've gotten a few bad pictures, but there are far more good ones than bad.

The only real problem now is identifying the birds I catch on camera. I thought this one was going to be easy. I guess that idea was wrong. Oh well, I still got the pictures. And I got to go outside and enjoy nature quite a bit.

You wouldn't believe how much you can see by just one or two little trips out to nature. These birds weren't the only things I got to see while I was out there. There were all sorts of other animals there too. I'll share some of them in other posts. There are flowers and other plants. So many things.

I've seen bigger animals than these birds. They'll be coming in future posts. I've also missed a few animals that I was looking for. I thought I was so close a few times, but I just couldn't catch up to any buffaloes. My hunt goes on. I'll talk to you later.

9 comments:

  1. To look for animals and birds, no more Google hunt.

    Just visit your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I would have looked back on my blog for this bird. Then I would have found it from long ago.

      Delete
  2. Eastern kingbird, Tyranus tyranus- nice pix!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I should have known this bird. I had one in a post a few years ago, and I think you identified it for me back then too.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad Sharkbytes was able to ID the birdie! I didn't know what it was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to know what it was, but I forgot. Now that I was told what it is I remember one from before.

      Delete
  4. A fun bird to watch hunt.Hard copy is easier to use to find species.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My guide failed me. I can't find this bird unless I look it up directly.

      Delete