Friday, September 6, 2013

A Little Scenery

Even though there are sunflowers in the foreground of these pictures, that's not really what this post or the pictures are about. I initially was just taking pictures of more sunflowers, but then I realized that I just thought this was a beautiful scene.

I was kind of testing out the zoom on the camera. What you see in the pictures was pretty far away and up a hill from me. These are some of the first real nature pictures I've had the chance to take with my new camera. I was on a short little adventure to one of my favorite nature parks.

I never walked any of the trails yet, but I plan to in the next few days. I was just there on my hunt for more sunflowers. I guess this is kind of a post about sunflowers. I think they're just incidental though. When I began taking the picture I realized what a nice little scene it made so I took a few pictures of it.

What I liked about this picture is the yellow flowers all around - not all sunflowers - and the misty quality to the sky in the background. The two trees seemed to line everything up in a pleasant way. I don't mean to go on and on as if this is the most beautiful scene I've ever seen. It's just kind of nice. I thought it was worth doing this post about it.

The two pictures look almost identical, but there is one important difference. The exposure between the two is different. You can see that the first one is brighter than the second. That was purely by accident. I was slowly raising the camera as I took the pictures. It was just my unsteady hand. I like the first one a little better.

I have some pictures of birds coming up, but I want to find out what kind they are before I share them with you. The new camera performed excellently with the pictures. I usually get a lot of out of focus pictures, but I got none this time.I hope to bring that to you soon. Talk to you later.

15 comments:

  1. I like the second picture better--the first looks washed out to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a little washed out from when I lifted the camera up. Purely an accident.

      Delete
  2. Nice composition. Glad you're enjoying your new camera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new camera has been great. I haven't experienced any of the problems from my past cameras.

      Delete
  3. I like the second one. I like the splotches of blue showing up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't notice that blue until you mentioned it.

      Delete
  4. Get closer and shot the insects visiting these blooms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan on getting very close to some of these plants on my next trip.

      Delete
  5. I vote for the second one also! Nice scenery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone likes the second one. I'll have to give them another look.

      Delete
  6. I am fond of these two trees.

    Because I have two trees in my latest post too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe your two trees and my two trees are linked through the earth.

      Delete
  7. Ratty, congrats! on the new camera. I like both shots but the contrast on the second one is much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I messed up the contrast on the first one a little on purpose and a little on accident. I wanted to see the difference. That first one looked better to me at first, but the second is looking better now.

      Delete
  8. I also like the second picture, see you had a new camera, I also want to ready for a new!
    happy everyday!

    ReplyDelete