Thursday, December 29, 2011

It's Open!

Good news, everyone! I did a little bit of research and I found out that Stone Park is not closed for the winter. It is indeed open! It may have been closed on Christmas Day, when I was there. I found out that Dorothy Pecaut Nature Center down the street is closed on most holidays, so that may have been the case for Stone Park too.

There's only one problem with all of that though. that road had obviously been closed for quite a bit longer than just one or two days. Snow was plowed right up to the gate, and it had been there for awhile. That seems to complicate things a bit.

So what I'm going to do when I get time is go over to the nature center and ask someone there why the road is closed. Maybe then I can find the answer to that and many other things I've been wondering about.

Either way, roads closed or open, I'm going to make another trip to the park and see if I can find my way to the top of one of the higher hills. there is plenty of wildlife in this park, and I'm sure I'll see something good, even with the dog along.

Oh, and the picture of the bird's nest at the top of the post? It was one of the interesting things I found right away while I was in Stone Park. It may not seem like much to some people, but it's a sign of life. And that's always a good thing.


Nature Center Magazine - Your starting place for nature!

7 comments:

  1. At this time of the year, I saw many nests on the tree branches too. They are interesting to see.

    Happy New Year, Ratty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to hearing about your visit at the park...fingers crossed you manage to get in!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great Ratty! Enjoy exploring! I love that pic of the nest! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Icy BC
    Now that there are no leaves is the best time to look for nests. I love seeing them. I'd love to see one with a bird in it though.
    -

    @allotments4you
    I hope I can get back there soon. It all depends on how much time I have and what the weather does around here.
    -

    @Ginnymo
    I will definitely have a good time when I get back there. And you have a Happy New Year too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are going to start your adventure of 2012.

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats interesting to know that park is not fully closed and you can explore wildlife on top of the hills when you figure out a way to get there somehow despite the road is closed. And we would get to know some interesting things going on the top of the hill. The birds nest is looking quite awesome and you've got a great shot of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Rainfield
    I hope we both have excellent adventures in 2012. Happy New Year to you too!
    -

    @Elvirah
    I just hope it doesn't snow here before I have a chance to get up on those hills, and I hope it isn't very far.

    ReplyDelete