Thursday, April 27, 2017

Good Random Nature Stuff

I've been a little slow with my posting recently. I just haven't had much to say or do. That's gonna change pretty soon, and I'm kind of excited about that. I still have some good stuff to show you right now though. None of my pictures today are exactly new, but they're all from the month of April.

I knew what this bird above was at one time, but I'm just too lazy right now to find out again. the real point is that it's kind of nice to look at. I really like the yellow. The darkness on the left edge of the picture is the edge of a sign post.

I used to see lots of these Great Blue Herons. I still see similar birds from time to time, but I don't get a chance to vist ponds very much.

One of my favorite old nature trails. This place was made for city people who want to enjoy a bit of nature. It does its job just perfectly.

A nice rock I found. usually when you find a good rock you pick it up and put it in your pocket. I never did. I thought it was best just to leave everything right where it is.

The geese that hatched out of these eggs used to come to me when I called them.

This is Isabella. She has a bit of a bad back now, just like I do. It keeps both of us off the nature trails right now. Isabella probably will only get to go for short distances from now on. But I think I've finally found the solution for my bad back. Yard work.

After years of trying every exercise I could find and constantly complaining to the doctor, I think I finally figured it out. It was as simple as raking my yard. Doing that one activity seems to have worked the exact muscles that I needed. I've just started, but I'm really convinced that this one thing can get me better.

So now, even though I can't take my dog with me, I'm going to be back to exploring nature just like I always have before. I think that will also rekindle my excitement for all things about nature. There's so much to explore around here. I hope to get out there again soon. I'll talk to you later.

9 comments:

  1. All the pix are good, but I particularly like that first pic of the singer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope raking does help your back. That would be an easy fix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to hear from you and see your pics - I hope you are able to get out more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope Isabella feels better! Poor dog. I'm glad you'll be getting back on the trail. You always have such nice pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first one just about to start its concert.
    Let's rock and roll.

    ReplyDelete