Monday, March 30, 2015

Calliope Village

It's been a little while since my last post. I was sick so I decided to take a little time off from everything to recuperate. I also figured we all needed a little break from my bird feeder posts so I decided to visit a little place called Calliope Village. I've been meaning to get some pictures of this place for awhile, so here they are. There are lots of them.

Calliope Village is an old time village from 1860. It's not too far from where I live. It's now an outdoor museum. I did a post about Winnetoon, a very similar place, back in December. The guy who owns the old village in Winnetoon was even nice enough to stop by that post and leave a comment.

I don't really have much to say about Calliope village. I don't really know much. I'll have to ask somebody sometime, but I'm not sure who. I noticed it one time on a trip into that small town. It's a bigger town than mine. They have a grocery store, but only one restaurant. Mine has neither.

Notice all of the orbs of light in the picture above and some of the rest. Ooh, spooky ghost orbs! I'm not sure why they appeared in so many of these pictures. It was obviously the sunlight, but they were in some but not others pointing in the same direction. Maybe I'll have to clean my camera lens.

Or who knows? Maybe they could be ghosts from the past if you want to think of them that way. If you want to read something amusing (at least I think so), do a search for orbs here on my blog. I did a whole series of posts about them a few years ago. I had a fun little trick at the end of the series.









I'm still getting back into posting from my layoff, and in times like this I always have trouble writing, so I'm just going to end things here. I hope these many pictures have been kind of interesting. I thought they were. I'll talk to you later.

13 comments:

  1. It is nice to see pictures of little towns.
    Hope you feel much better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm feeling better already. It was going slow for awhile there.

      Delete
  2. a neat little village maintaining some old buildings. glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is nice to embellish our history to retain good memories. Sorry to hear you are not feeling good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved these photos Ratty, I think it is so nice that they have taken the time to preserve the village rather than tear it down. It's a shame in one sense that it is no longer occupied....then again I suppose if it was it would no longer look like this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry to hear you were sick. This is a nice looking town. Looks like it's loaded with history

    ReplyDelete
  6. My human loves these old towns! I hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A step into our human past. No words are necessary. The photographs tell the entire story. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a charming little village. I wonder if it ever looked that clean and nice when it was "in use."

    ReplyDelete
  9. That does look like a cute little place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That does look like a cute little place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love To visit places like this ... And ghosts seem a pretty good possibility in a place like this. I am sorry you've been sick and hope you stay well.

    ReplyDelete