Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Little White Flowers

What do I say about flowers? I'm not good at writing about inanimate objects, I think. They don't move around or do much of anything, like animals might do. They just sit there thinking their little thoughts about me, their little plots. Just kidding, maybe. I still kind of like them.

I found these little white flowers in the forest on the edge of the hiking trail. I haven't really seen many other wildflowers up till now. Maybe it's because of the places I go, and maybe it's because I don't look hard enough. I'll keep watching.

The leaves seem familiar on the flowers for some reason. I must have seen them before. I'll have to remember that. Maybe it'll help me identify them one day. I've seen little white flowers a lot. The good thing about pictures is that I can come back here and look at these plants over and over again to find out what they might be.

I guess that's what I can write about these flowers. I'll talk to you later.

12 comments:

  1. You could get a book identifying wildflowers. I think these little wildflowers are very pretty and their leaves as well. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been thinking about getting a book for things like this. That's a good idea. I've had a few, but the ones I have already have been unhelpful.

      Delete
  2. I think it's Canada Anemone. A very pretty bloom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. You always know the answer. I wish I even had a clue sometimes.

      Delete
  3. Sharkbytes has it, a lovely bloom. I drew them once for a calendar having enjoyed them when I went into a prairie near Lake Okibodgi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I can remember them from now on. I recognized them from seeing them before, but I didn't know the name.

      Delete
  4. Flowers can have personality--you gotta just watch them in your garden for awhile....then you have stories about flowers. :) For example--I love violas. They self-seed themselves and they pop up all over the yard to surprise me. They disappear in the hot weather, but pop up again in the fall ...then spring. They are just always there! LOVE them for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true. I never stop to think that flowers do move. They just do things a little slower than animals.

      Delete
  5. beautiful, the leaves look like a flower too, and love the deep green tone contrasting the white petals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those leaves are what made me think I'd seen these flowers before.

      Delete