Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Barnyard Birds

These chickens may not be as fun as wild turkeys or rainbows, but I like them because they were running around loose. Sure that's kind of common, but they were also kind of little. There are some ducks in there too, but it's kind of hard to see in these pictures.

I don't often see little chickens like these. Maybe they are a particular kind of chicken. I don't know, I don't know that much about chickens. I just saw them and decided I had to stop and take a couple of pictures.

I took these pictures with my smartphone camera so I couldn't really zoom in too much. It was the whole scene I wanted to get anyway. The birds saw me and decided to try to run and hide in the cornfield off to the left. The ducks made it there first. The chickens weren't so fast.

I didn't even bother to get out of my truck to get these pictures. That may seem kind of lazy, but I think it makes me kind of versatile. I can get my pictures quick and then zoom on to the next mini adventure. I won't always do it like this, but it's a good option. Okay, I'll talk to you later.

14 comments:

  1. They are fun to watch. I always think of a song by Asleep at the wheel called There Aint Nobody But Us Chickens.a real classic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always laugh with happiness when I see chickens.

      Delete
  2. I love to watch chickens running around...they always seem so scatter-brained!!! Isn't it nice to see them roaming around so much land and not 'copped' up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Them not being cooped up was exactly what attracted me to them.

      Delete
  3. Sometimes pictures from the car are the best way to get pics without scaring the beasties. Always enjoy a good farm scene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pictures from the car are a definite advantage. I do it a lot.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful picture, checkout my post at
    http://togetherfornature.blogspot.com/2013/09/birds-of-paradise.html
    don't be shy to leave a comment and like us on facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time don't include the link. I can find it through your profile.

      Delete
  5. Some people have chickens here in the big city too! Not often ducks, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen a lot of chickens in the city. Chickens were a favorite of my dad when we lived in the city. Lots of other people had them too. It always amused me to see them.

      Delete
  6. I love seeing chickens, Ratty and never really get so see them anywhere here. Very cool shots

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oddly, I don't see them very much around here either.

      Delete
  7. We always expect for surprises out of the ordinary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes the ordinary can give us great surprises.

      Delete