Monday, March 26, 2012

Turtle Lake

Now it's time to show you what I found at Turtle Lake. I have to confess that for this first trip there I only found some geese, but they were a heavenly sight for me. I haven't seen geese since I moved here until now. I've heard them, but seen none.

Turtle Lake is one good substitute for my old favorite Carpenter Lake. I also have another, which I'll show you at another time. This is a nice solitary place. I know I can be alone much of the time here. This time there was one person fishing at the other end of the lake though.
 
I realized when I saw that other person there was another easier way to get here. I'll search for that other entrance next time I come here. The hike was good, but going up and down that big hill is too much just to get to this little lake. Do the hike for the hike, not for the lake.

I have to tell you that I'm still pretty distracted by my permanent move here and all that's now going into it. I'm falling behind in everything, including my blogging. I'll try to keep up the best I can though until my distraction is over. I need this to give me some fun during all the commotion.


I also have some very big plans for Nature Center Magazine very soon. You may have noticed the beginnings of some of these changes already. These are only a small part of it. If my plans work, Nature Center Magazine is about to become one of the best nature sites on the web.
Rat Tales is the blog that has suffered the most from my distractions. I haven't been able to write any fiction stories for that site for over a month right now. I have some good stories in my head, but I haven't had time to pry them outta there.

Okay, I'll soon be back with something good. Birds, nature parks, a big river. I'll have it all. Just you wait! You'll see!


Nature Center Magazine - Your starting place for nature!

18 comments:

  1. This looks like a really nice little lake. I really like your photo of the Canada geese Ratty. It's always fun to explore new places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see only some geese, no turtle, at Turtle Lake.

    I'll come back til you have come back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a pretty lake, and so peaceful! Maybe you can follow that geese couple to see if they have eggs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a beautiful spot and that first shot is spectacular. I love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so pretty there, Ratty! I'm glad you found some parks and trails to enjoy in your new home.

    Hey, don't stress about keeping up with the blogs while you are in transition. It isn't worth the stress. Take your time and don't worry about the blogs--we'll all be here when you get back to being settled again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You found a nice place, should be lots of baby geese all over soonj.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos - how is your foot?

    ReplyDelete
  8. it looks very peaceful to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That first photo of the geese is magnificent, Ratty! I would hike a long, long way for that shot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll see your pair of geese and raise you a wood duck.

    Been catching up. The Raccoon party was too cool. I'd have loved meeting the kits like that.

    getting back is tough, don't push it, let it return at your own pace. <- advise I'm attempting to follow myself

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely lake! I'm looking forward to all the good stuff you have planned... but take your time and don't overwhelm yourself. That is actually the quickest way to get things done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello! Wonderful place and beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome back to the geese! Who can believe that 40 years ago there was fear they were going to go extinct?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haven't been around in awhile.. Hope all is well..Love your photos

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Ratty, love the pics, they remind me of a place my dad and I use to go when I was a kid called lost lake up in Washington state. Sure wish he was still here and we could go back in time and go back there again. You brought up some great memories with this post, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete