Thursday, March 15, 2012

Bugs Bugging Me

I told you that spring has come here just a bit early this year. With the spring comes bugs of all kinds. This ladybug is the best of the bunch, but even they aren't exactly welcome around here because of their large numbers. And they get into everything.

Moths, houseflies, spiders, and boxelder bugs are some of the other pests I've seen already in large numbers. A few are interesting and good photo opportunities. Too many are pests. Pick up your glass of water and find a ladybug in it. Not fun!

It's enough to make me wish for a vacation or holiday to another place, but I'll have to find cheaper holidays to make it worth my while. I wonder where I could go to get away from these bugs? They're the only negative thing about being here.

So the only thing for me is to try to live with all these bugs. I'm sure I'll think of a solution before they really get bad. In the meantime I'll be bringing you some good pictures of all the bugs I've been seeing. We should have some fun with that.

I know this post sounds negative up til now, but I feel anything but negative. I'm actually very happy right now. My only real problem is that I'm so distracted with bringing all of my things from Michigan. That's why I haven't been posting quite so often. My mind is just a bit elsewhere. It'll be back soon though.

With all the warm weather there are birds everywhere here. Soon I'll be bringing some cool pictures of them, even though they seem to hate my feeder. I guess year old cereal isn't their first choice.

I'll also finally be getting back to visiting a few of the nature parks around here. And there will be new everyday adventures of my old kind once again. I'm happy.


Nature Center Magazine - Your starting place for nature!

28 comments:

  1. A few are interesting, too many is an annoyance.

    Many of the things in our life say that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very correct. I love ladybugs, but I dread the great numbers of them that I'm anticipating.

      Delete
  2. It's a beautiful lady bug though.

    (With all the things from Michigan, maybe you're missing home :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do miss Michigan from time to time, but it is much better here for me right now. I'm glad to be here.

      Delete
  3. I love lady bugs...and I'm sure you'll come to value their worth if you plant some of your own veggies too Ratty!!!

    Bugs may bug you but they do have a purpose!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing the plants are why they are here, but I want them to stay closer to the plants than my kitchen.

      Delete
  4. wow, ladybugs already. I agree a few are ok but too many can be a pain especially when they start landing in my drink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like them, but there are too many and the other bugs can be even worse.

      Delete
  5. i don't see them as much here so it is always a delight for me when i see some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they were brought here to help the farms, but they are out of control.

      Delete
  6. We saw the first of the ladybugs here too the other day... in our kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do seem to get inside a little too easily.

      Delete
  7. I saw my first butterfly today, a Mourning Cloak. While writing this I also picked off my first tick having hiked into a wetland all morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to get to see a mourning cloak right about no0w. That's a very good sign of spring. No ticks though.

      Delete
  8. If it wasn't for Isabella, I would offer to come live at your house for a couple of weeks - I would have a blast hunting (and eating) those bugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isabella loves them too. Too bad she considers you cats to be such enemies.

      Delete
  9. beautiful lady bug
    pics and majority do not like them

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw the first ladybug of the season here last week. As much as I love them a swarm of lady bugs would be annoying. Good luck with the move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I've seen several of these ladybugs now, mostly in my house.

      Delete
  11. Nice shots...I find its color cute (red wings with black spots). Just keep on posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like their color too. I'm gentler with them than the other bugs.

      Delete
  12. They are all over my kitchen. In the dishwater, on the coffeecup, on my plants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too. I like them until they get into everything.

      Delete
  13. I would love to see ladybugs. There are plenty of flies and moths...to annoy me. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hate the flies. They're much worse than the ladybugs.

      Delete
  14. I love ladybugs. They are so cute...of course, I've never been swarmed by them as I have the mosquitoes here in Mumbai. I do know gardeners often pay plenty for them for their vegetable patches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll have mosquitoes here too pretty soon . I'm dreading them more than all the other bugs.

      Delete