Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Stone Park Hills

Today I want to show you some of the hills in Stone Park that you can see right as you go in. This whole park is almost all hills, and big ones. Everywhere you go you are surrounded by these hills. These are the same hills that border the town I live in. You just can't see them in my pictures because of all the trees.

This park really is a very beautiful place. Once I'm able to really explore the park, I'll be able to show you the miles and miles of hiking trails. Most of these trails go up and down hills. I remember years ago being slightly afraid to go down one very steep trail. I still went.

Some of the hills in the park are so high up that you might as well be standing on a mountain. There is one place where you can look over a safety fence at the highway below, and you'll see the cars are so far down that they look like toys. From up there you can see all the way to another state.

I want to clarify something I talked about yesterday. The smell in the park wasn't very bad at all. It was a little bit noticeable that day, but that's how nature is sometimes. The really bad smell I talked about was in another place many years ago. But let's get back to today's story.

I had many more pictures like this from Stone Park on Christmas Day, but these aren't the really great sights from this place. And these are enough for now anyway. I have one more interesting feature from the park I'll bring to you tomorrow, and after that I'll show you some better views of the area between here and my home. Those are really good. Until then...


Nature Center Magazine - Your starting place for nature!

9 comments:

  1. It still looks good to me, Ratty! Though I climb any hill, I still love seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so good to fall in love with hills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stone Park Hills is quite a place! I can see many adventures there for you in the future. I really like following your new discoveries and adventures. It has really added new life to your blog. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got some better boots to be able to trek these hills when there is snow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hilly areas would always be full of adventurous secrets. Isn't it great wandering up the hill and see the picture so small down. Sometimes few people have their head spin if they look down from the top of any hill, but its so thrilling at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Icy BC
    I hope to have some even better pictures from this place on my next trip.
    -

    @Rainfield
    I agree. hills are some of the best things ever.
    -

    @Wild_Bill
    Stone Park is a great place. This may be the best nature park I've been to so far.
    -

    @Out on the prairie
    I hope I'm ready when the snow gets here. I'd love to have fun walking through these hills in the snow.
    -

    @Elvirah
    It really is a great thing being at the top of the hills looking down. I can''t wait to share the same views from up there that I've seen already.
    -

    @Sharkbytes
    These new places will be some of my greatest little adventures yet. I'm very excited.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really enjoying the photos from this and your last post. This is a beautiful park, even if there is no vicarious Bird or Squirrel TV for me to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Sparkle
    I'm glad you like them. I've been watching the birds and squirrels almost as closely as a cat, waiting for a good opportunity to get some more good pictures.

    ReplyDelete