Friday, November 27, 2009

Rat TV - Mallards


Today is the official debut of Rat TV! This first episode will feature a few mallard ducks I found in the pond at the back of one of my favorite nature parks. I'll bring you video like this from time to time. I guess the other day with the deer slide show was kind of a preview since it wasn't an actual video, but this is the real thing.

You might want to turn your sound down for this one because I was there on a noisy day when I got this. You won't be able to hear the ducks, because of the loud rushing sound. I guess I could have silenced it while I was putting together the video, but I'm still learning.

The funny thing is that the sound is barely audible if you're really there at the pond. The camera seems to pick up every little thing. Maybe one of these days you'll even hear a bit of my voice on Rat TV. Then you'll run away screaming.


I don't want to forget about the photos though. This fallen tree is one of the favorite places for all of the birds that come out here. It provides a nice place for them to rest, and a good launching area when they want to swim away fast. It's also far away from the trails where any humans might be.


Here's a group of the mallards swimming away from their favorite tree stump in the last picture. There were a lot of ducks out there that day. They would swim in little groups like this, but there were several of these groups out on the pond.

That's it for this first official episode of Rat TV. The next one will be something special, but I'm not sure when I'll bring it to you yet. Tomorrow's post is also a mystery for me. I hope it will be something good. I like good things.

18 comments:

  1. Those Mallard ducks are practicing for the 2012 Olympic Games in London.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rat TV! I like it. The noise is probably the noise of the camera itself. Ducks are always fun to watch. I'll await the next episode.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Rat TV is definitely going to be a hit...do we ever get to see a rat though Ratty????

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great. What a treat to come back to after eating tons of food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Rainfield
    Those ducks do really move fast. They must have been very hungry that day.
    -

    @Sharkbytes
    Actually the noise was coming from outside. There is a freeway in the distance, and you can hear it during rush hour. The camera seems to have made it much louder. My next Rat TV will be an interesting one from last summer.
    -

    @Tanya Walton
    We might one day see a rat on Rat TV, but that might be awhile. I think squirrels, deer, and ducks are much more interesting.
    -

    @The Ancient Digger
    I'm glad you like it. Rat TV seems to be debuting to a select audience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was fun to watch, especially when they were all bottom up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Icy BC
    I'm glad I remembered to capture these ducks on video. I really love watching the ducks bob up and down in the water like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rat TV definitely rocks! Finally can see your friends in action Ratty :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your video Ratty!!! Those ducks are so much cuter to watch when they move..LOL I will be looking forward to lots more. I love how the ducks dip their heads under water.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @VanillaSeven
    I'm glad I finally am able to show even more of what I get to see on my adventures.
    -

    @Ginnymo
    Yeah, only video can really capture what it's like when ducks go under the water like that. I wish I would have done this a long time ago. My next video will be a strange one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like Rat TV! :D

    Those ducks are cute... I like it whenever they dunk their heads in the water. Too bad I can't hear anything, my speakers are dead!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you have a very creative thoughts as the concept behind your blog

    Btw would you be so kind to visit my humble exotic pets blog ?

    http://exotic-pets.guruz-blog.com

    Please consider a possibility of exchanging link :)

    Thank you...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool shots of the mallards Ratty, they are always interesting to watch. Great video.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE Rat TV....no commercials either, which is the best thing. ha
    You can narrate on it if you want, it would be cool to hear the Rat talking!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Nessa
    You're better off that you don't have sound for this one. The only sound on there is white noise. Hopefully I'll have better sounds in some of my future Rat TV episodes.
    -

    @Juandy
    Your blog sounds interesting, so I will take a look. I usually only exchange links with people who comment here often and have a link to me first. Any others are at my discretion. I have to be careful to keep the reins tight on all of my links.
    -

    @SquirrelQueen
    Thanks. I love watching the mallards. Other people have done videos of them already, but I hope to get some very unique videos soon.
    -

    @The Retired One
    And there will never be commercials... except for the right price of course. :)
    I might narrate them one day. I guess I have to find something interesting to say first.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the Rat TV. It's nice to see the mallard duck's action video. Look forward to see more Rat TV. Thank you for your video.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Butts UP!! I always think that watching foraging ducks. They are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Arasu
    Rat TV will be a frequent thing around here from now on. I'm glad you like it.
    -

    @Julia
    That's exactly what I like about the ducks. You should see when swans do it.

    ReplyDelete