Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Cutest Poll Results

Mother SquirrelWell, it looks like this week's poll was a close contest. But after the smoke cleared there is definitely a winner! The Squirrels are officially the cutest of these five contestants! They won with 35% of the votes, 11 votes. The ending results seem narrow, but the squirrels lead the whole way!

The squirrels told me that they knew all along they'd win. They claimed to be far superior to any other forest creature. And who could argue their point when you look at the wonderful mother squirrel in the picture here. They will now constantly remind all the others of their greatness. Congratulations to those cute little squirrels. Don't you just love their big bushy tails?

Coming in at Second Place with 29% of the votes, 9 votes, were those lovable little Chipmunks! They have many great qualities of their own, such as those cute stripes down their backs. And how can you forget their insatiable curiosity? That is a very cute quality that at least deserves second place very much!

The leader of the chipmunks kept wondering how it was that the squirrels could possibly win over them. He asked me several times what the squirrels had that they didn't. I simply told him that I didn't really know. He finally decided he would have to investigate this further, and scurried off in search of the squirrels.

At third place were the Deer. They came in with a respectable 19% of the votes, 6 votes. They were the largest animals in this contest, so maybe that factored into their third place finish. Sometimes small and furry wins automatically. The deer have their own good qualities though. Who doesn't love the shyness of that most famous deer, Bambi?

Well, I interviewed the representative of the deer, which by coincidence resembled Bambi very much. She shyly walked over and told me it was okay that not that many of you thought she was cute. She said she really understood. Still, I could see the deep sadness and hurt in her face. She even shed a single tear before she turned and walked back to her place.

Fourth place belongs to the Ducks. They ended up with only 9% of the votes, 3 votes. I'm actually surprised at this one. Ducks seem a little cuter than that to me. Those cute bills that are made to scoop up food, and the way they duck under the water and stick their rear ends up in the air seems so charming.

I tried to interview the only duck that showed up for the contest. Well, the only adult duck. She was a mother with a full group of ducklings in tow. She was completely indifferent to this contest, and she only seemed interested in keeping her young ones in line. When I tried to ask her a question, she just turned her head and swam the other way.

American ToadAnd finally we come to the last contestant of the poll. The Toads came in at 5th place, last. They unexpectedly got 2 votes, which was good for 6% of the final tally. I know! I was surprised they got so many too! I'm trying to come up with a compliment, but I'm at a loss for words. Well, they are pretty good at peeing on people.

I was going to wrap this up right here, but the toad boss insisted that he get equal interview time. I waited while he cleared his throat, and he said in a gravelly voice that this contest was completely unfair. The audacity! He demanded a recount, but I told him to go and croak. He then threatened to give me a bad case of warts, and then hopped away in a huff.

Okay then! That's the end of this weeks Poll Ceremonies. I'd say this was the most successful poll yet here on The Everyday Adventurer. I hope the next one will be just as fun. I'll leave you now with one more picture of one of the winners. Here's another one of the cutest squirrels I have ever seen:

American Koala BearIsn't he just precious?

22 comments:

  1. Victory! Hooray for the squirrels. :-)

    I think frogs would have got more votes than toads if they'd taken part. I actually know someone who collects frog related things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The squirrel wins and gets? Nuts for a whole year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My congrat to the squirrels..It was a fun poll.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing - I enjoyed the squirrels and the chipmunks. I seem to have more chipmunks these days, I think they are out packing more in prep for the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to the squirrels--hurray! Sad for the deer. Toad is a sore loser. Chipmunks are cute but I think they came in second to the squirrel because they just aren't as athletic when it comes to walking on high wires and climbing trees. I like watching ducks too, but only if there's nothing else around.

    I'd say your poll was a success!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the chipmunk wins! But they are all great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stupid politician squirrels. Where was representation for the rabbits? Where were the weasels? It's Tammany all over again. Graft and corruption, I say! If those squirrels hadn't won they would just put out contracts on everyone who didn't vote for them. NUTS, I say!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a fun post! i loved how you wrote this up. i voted for the deer, but i'm happy with the results. i think they are all cute, well, not the toad, but anyway...

    have a wonderful day my friend...hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you have human in the list, I wonder who will be the last. A interesting post and idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ratty! Been a while since I've been by, I did miss all the fun (too much work etc). Honestly, I would not put it passed the squirrels to "rig the vote". Ask them for a recount, I'm sure they will agree but will insist that they do the counting and then they will shred the ballots before you can question the results! Anyway, it is good to be back by and, as always, I loved the visit my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would have voted for a frog if you found one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ratty, after reading this post I'm wondering if you weren't the inspiration behind the Dr. Doolittle movie?...lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry I have been so crazy busy that I didn't respond to all of your polls and posts in a timely way. I am still behind! But if you had that amazing Egret in the poll, I would have cheated and voted over and over for it to win, because that picture you posted a while back was SPECTACULAR of it.
    The squirrels are all going to get big heads now and their helmets won't even fit anymore over this. ha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yayyyyyyyyyy for the squirrels!! although I love chipmunks too!!

    Wow Ratty it's been quite the week for us but I am trying to make some visits to my faves today!!

    I hope you have a great week and your pictures are awesome!!:-)))

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was a good poll. Can't wait for the next one. Poor toad didn't stand much of a chance against all those furry critters. Those two votes must have been sympathy votes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. AAww! This is conspiracy!! Duck definitely should have won the presi.. i mean the pool! Anyway it's a good post :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ratty, it was a fun poll and I love the way you reported the results.

    And ..... the squirrels won! Yeah! My little buddies are so happy!

    SQ

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a wonderful way to present the poll results, and even with some interesting interviews. =D

    Squirrels and chipmunks look exceptionally cute, for sure.. the others are cute too.. including the toad who may have grabbed a better position if it was a slim and sleek frog. =D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yea!! Squirrels rule! Chipmunks too! These critters sure are busy getting ready for winter. Love all your pics Ratty!! I haven't been spending as much time on the computer. Got some health issues right now but I try to get here as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for all of your comments on my poll results. I sometimes think the squirrels might have cheated, but when I ask them about it they just charm me with their cuteness and I forget the whole thing. :)

    Ginnymo - I hope your health issues aren't too serious. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I voted for the chipmunks!!! I want more chipmunks!!!!! Well I can always ask can't I?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Julia - Your wish is my command! Get ready for the chipmunks!

    ReplyDelete